Simon J Palfreyman
Affiliation: Royal Hallamshire Hospital
- Dressings for healing venous leg ulcersS J Palfreyman
Northern General Hospital, Academic Vascular Institute, Coleridge House, Herries Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK S5 7AU
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 3:CD001103. 2006..There are a large number of dressing products and types available. It is unclear whether particular dressings aid healing of leg ulcers...
- Varicose veins: a qualitative study to explore expectations and reasons for seeking treatmentSimon John Palfreyman
Sheffield Vascular Institute, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust Northern General Hospital, Sheffield, UK
J Clin Nurs 13:332-40. 2004..This lack of certainty and the resultant potential for variability in treatment decisions can mean that patients have expectations that are unrealistic or unfulfilled...
- Impact of intravenous drug use on quality of life for patients with venous ulcersSimon J Palfreyman
Academic Vascular Unit, Coleridge House, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield, UK
J Adv Nurs 58:458-67. 2007..This paper is a report of a study to examine, from the perspective of patients, the impact of venous leg ulcers on health-related quality of life in current and former intravenous drug users and the general population...
- Dressings for venous leg ulcers: systematic review and meta-analysisSimon Palfreyman
Sheffield Vascular Institute, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield S5 7AU
BMJ 335:244. 2007..To review the evidence of effectiveness of dressings applied to venous leg ulcers...
- Development of a tool to examine the effect of venous ulcers on patients' quality of lifeSimon Palfreyman
Smith and Nephew, UK
Nurs Stand 21:57-8, 60, 62 passim. 2007..The aim of this study is to develop a quality of life questionnaire that can be used to measure quality of life and outcome in patients with venous leg ulcers...
- A systematic review of health-related quality of life instruments used for people with venous ulcers: an assessment of their suitability and psychometric propertiesSimon J Palfreyman
Smith and Nephew Foundation, Sheffield Vascular Institute, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
J Clin Nurs 19:2673-703. 2010..To review the quality of life questionnaires used to measure the impact of venous ulceration and to evaluate their psychometric properties...
- WITHDRAWN: Dressings for healing venous leg ulcersSimon J Palfreyman
Tissue Viability, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield, UK, S5 7AU
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 5:CD001103. 2014..There are a large number of dressing products and types available. It is unclear whether particular dressings aid healing of leg ulcers...
- Endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysmSharath Chandra Vikram Paravastu
Academic Vascular Unit, The University of Sheffield, Regent Court, 30 Regent Street, Sheffield, UK, S1 4DA
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 1:CD004178. 2014..However, over the past two decades endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR) has gained popularity as a treatment option. This article intends to review the role of EVAR in the management of elective AAA...