R P Clauss
Affiliation: Royal Surrey County Hospital
- Drug induced arousal from the permanent vegetative stateRalf Clauss
Nuclear Medicine Department, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, UK
NeuroRehabilitation 21:23-8. 2006..Zolpidem is an omega 1 specific indirect GABA agonist that is used for insomnia, but may have efficacy in brain damage. The long term efficacy of zolpidem in the permanent vegetative state is described in three patients...
- The influence of weather and environment on pulmonary embolism: pollutants and fossil fuelsRalf Clauss
Nuclear Medicine, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road, Guildford, Surrey GU27XX, UK
Med Hypotheses 64:1198-201. 2005..With combined factors such as pre-existing ill health or immobility on long flights, the risk of thrombosis and consequent embolism might increase substantially...
- Neurotransmitters in coma, vegetative and minimally conscious states, pharmacological interventionsR P Clauss
Nuclear Medicine Department, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XX, United Kingdom
Med Hypotheses 75:287-90. 2010..Reports of successful arousals after amino acid and monoamine based therapies supports the hypothesis that depletion of these brain chemicals may play a fundamental role in disorders of consciousness...
- Neurotransmitters in disorders of consciousness and brain damageR P Clauss
Nuclear Medicine Department, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, Surrey GU27XX, UK
Med Hypotheses 77:209-13. 2011..It unifies fundamentally different treatment approaches and explores the restoration of neurotransmitter function as a common theme to improve brain function after brain damage...
- Comparison of different methods of DatSCAN quantificationRosemary J Morton
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, Surrey, UK
Nucl Med Commun 26:1139-46. 2005..The quantification of DaTSCAN images can be used as an adjunct to visual assessment to differentiate between Parkinson's syndrome and essential tremor. Many programs have been written to assess the relative uptake in the striatum...
- Transient improvement of spinocerebellar ataxia with zolpidemRalf Clauss
N Engl J Med 351:511-2. 2004