Affiliation: Royal College of Psychiatrists
- The impact of intellectual functioning on symptoms and service use in schizophreniaR Chaplin
Royal College of Psychiatrists College Research Unit, London, UK
J Intellect Disabil Res 50:288-94. 2006..Both groups in this study were receiving standard community psychiatric care...
- Annotation: New research into general psychiatric services for adults with intellectual disability and mental illnessR Chaplin
Neill Unit, Warneford Hospital, Oxford, UK and Royal College of Psychiatrists Research and Training unit, Standon House, London, UK
J Intellect Disabil Res 53:189-99. 2009..This review aims assess differences in outcome for patients with ID and mental disorders treated in general or specialised ID mental health services...
- Mental health services for people with intellectual disabilitiesRobert Chaplin
Royal College of Psychiatrists Centre for Quality Improvement, London, UK
Curr Opin Psychiatry 24:372-6. 2011..This review summarizes recent research into psychiatric services for adults with intellectual disabilities, with a particular focus on inpatient care...
- General psychiatric services for adults with intellectual disability and mental illnessR Chaplin
Littlemore Hospital, Oxford, OX4 4XN, UK
J Intellect Disabil Res 48:1-10. 2004..Adults with intellectual disability (ID) and mental illness may use general or specialist psychiatric services. This review aims to assess if there is evidence for a difference in outcome between them...
- Assertive outreach for people with intellectual disability and mental disordersR Chaplin
J Intellect Disabil Res 50:615-6. 2006
- The effectiveness of mood stabilizers and antiepileptic medication for the management of behaviour problems in adults with intellectual disability: a systematic reviewS Deb
Division of Neuroscience, University of Birmingham, Queen Elizabeth Psychiatric Hospital, Birmingham, UK
J Intellect Disabil Res 52:107-13. 2008..Psychotropic medications are used to manage behaviour problems in adults with intellectual disability (ID). One group of psychotropic medication are mood stabilizers such as lithium and some antiepileptic drugs...