Colin Hewitt Richards
- The relationships between body composition and the systemic inflammatory response in patients with primary operable colorectal cancerColin H Richards
University Department of Surgery, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e41883. 2012..The aim of the present study was to examine the relationships between CT measured parameters of body composition and the systemic inflammatory response in patients with primary operable colorectal cancer...
- The relationships between cellular components of the peritumoural inflammatory response, clinicopathological characteristics and survival in patients with primary operable colorectal cancerC H Richards
Academic Units of Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, UK
Br J Cancer 106:2010-5. 2012..We examined different methods of assessing the local inflammatory response in colorectal tumours and explored relationships with both clinicopathological characteristics and survival...
- Smoking is a major risk factor for anastomotic leak in patients undergoing low anterior resectionC H Richards
Department of Surgical Science, Dunedin School of Medicine, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Colorectal Dis 14:628-33. 2012..To examine modifiable risk factors for anastomotic leak in patients undergoing low anterior resection...
- A systematic review of POSSUM and its related models as predictors of post-operative mortality and morbidity in patients undergoing surgery for colorectal cancerColin Hewitt Richards
University Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine University of Glasgow, Royal Infirmary, Glasgow G4 0SF, UK
J Gastrointest Surg 14:1511-20. 2010..This aim of this systematic review was to assess the predictive value of the POSSUM models in colorectal cancer surgery...
- The relationship between patient physiology, the systemic inflammatory response and survival in patients undergoing curative resection of colorectal cancerC H Richards
University Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Glasgow, Royal Infirmary, Glasgow G31 2ER, UK
Br J Cancer 103:1356-61. 2010..The aim was to examine the relationship between patient physiology, the systemic inflammatory response and survival after colorectal cancer resection...