J M Reid
- Non-stroke admissions to a hyperacute stroke unitJ M Reid
Department of Neurology, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Scott Med J 57:209-11. 2012..NS patients tend to be younger and require significant investigation. The increased use of MRI and neurological services has implications for providing a hyperacute stroke service...
- Panda sign due to severe coughingJ M Reid
Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, UK
J R Coll Physicians Edinb 43:35. 2013..There was no history of cranial trauma. Investigations for a structural or haematological cause were negative. The panda sign is typically seen following a base of skull fracture, but rarely reported due to severe coughing...
- Developing predictive models of excellent and devastating outcome after strokeJohn M Reid
Department of Neurology, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Ward 40 Aberdeen Royal Infirmary Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB252ZN, UK
Age Ageing 41:560-4. 2012..This study aimed to develop models of both excellent [modified Rankin score (mRS) 0-1] and devastating outcomes (mRS of 5-6)...
- Comparison of predictive scores of symptomatic intracerebral haemorrhage after stroke thrombolysis in a single centreT Watson-Fargie
T Watson Fargie, Department of Neurosciences, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZN, UK Email
J R Coll Physicians Edinb 45:127-32. 2015..This study assessed which of four risk scores (SEDAN, HAT, GRASPS and SITS) best predicts symptomatic intracerebral haemorrhage...
- Pre-hospital notification is associated with improved stroke thrombolysis timingM X Khor
MX Khor, Acute Stroke Unit, Ward 204, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZN, UK Email
J R Coll Physicians Edinb 45:190-5. 2015..Conclusion Pre-hospital notification is associated with earlier stroke physician review, CT imaging and delivery of thrombolysis. Referral to an out of hours thrombolysis service was not associated with additional delay. ..
- External validation of a six simple variable model of stroke outcome and verification in hyper-acute strokeJ M Reid
Institute of Neurological Sciences, 1345 Govan Road, Glasgow G51 4TF, Scotland, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 78:1390-1. 2007..This study confirms the external validity of the SSV model in our hospital stroke population. This model can therefore be utilised for stratification in acute and hyper-acute stroke trials...