Affiliation: Queen's University Belfast
- Next day effects of a normal night's drinking on memory and psychomotor performanceAdele McKinney
University of Ulster, Derry, Northern Ireland
Alcohol Alcohol 39:509-13. 2004..To investigate in social drinkers the effects of a 'normal' evening of drinking alcohol on cognitive performance...
- Alcohol hangover effects on measures of affect the morning after a normal night's drinkingAdele McKinney
School of Psychology, University of Ulster, Magee, Northland Road, Derry, UK
Alcohol Alcohol 41:54-60. 2006..To investigate the effects of students' usual levels of alcohol consumption on aspects of mood and anxiety the following morning...
- Direct comparison of the cognitive effects of acute alcohol with the morning after a normal night's drinkingAdele McKinney
University of Ulster, Derry, Northern Ireland, UK
Hum Psychopharmacol 27:295-304. 2012..The aim of this study was to compare performance measures after acute alcohol consumption (intoxication) with the performance the day after a normal night's drinking (hangover)...
- Next-day effects of alcohol and an additional stressor on memory and psychomotor performanceAdele McKinney
School of Psychology, University of Ulster, Magee Campus, Northland Road, Derry, Northern Ireland, UK
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 68:446-54. 2007..This study aimed to investigate the effects of a stressor, white noise, on cognitive performance of subjects in the compromised hangover state...
- A review of the next day effects of alcohol on subjective mood ratingsAdele McKinney
University of Ulster, UK
Curr Drug Abuse Rev 3:88-91. 2010..There is diversity in the tools used to assess mood and in the aspects of mood measured, this needs to be addressed in future research however there is a general finding that mood is decreased during hangover...
- Next day effects of naturalistic alcohol consumption on tasks of attentionAdele McKinney
School of Psychology, Magee Campus, University of Ulster, Derry, Northern Ireland, UK
Hum Psychopharmacol 27:587-94. 2012..The aim of this study was to examine the next day effects of alcohol consumption on a range of attention tasks...
- Patterns of alcohol consumption in a Northern Irish sampleAdele McKinney
University of Ulster, Department of Mental Health, Whital Medical Building, City Hospital, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Subst Use Misuse 40:573-9. 2005..These results indicate a distinctive drinking pattern within Northern Ireland and have implications for studies investigating the effects of alcohol on the social drinker...