Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Queen Mary
- Early growth response gene 2 (Egr-2) controls the self-tolerance of T cells and prevents the development of lupuslike autoimmune diseaseBo Zhu
Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, Barts and London School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of London, London E1 2AT, England, UK
J Exp Med 205:2295-307. 2008..These results demonstrate that Egr-2 is an intrinsic regulator of effector T cells and controls the expansion of self-reactive T cells and development of autoimmune disease...
- The transcription factors Egr2 and Egr3 are essential for the control of inflammation and antigen-induced proliferation of B and T cellsSuling Li
Bioscience, Brunel University, UK
Immunity 37:685-96. 2012..Thus, Egr2 and Egr3 regulate B and T cell function in adaptive immune responses and homeostasis by promoting antigen receptor signaling and controlling inflammation...
- SOCS3 suppresses AP-1 transcriptional activity in neuroblastoma cells through inhibition of c-Jun N-terminal kinaseTizong Miao
Centre for Neuroscience, Queen Mary s School of Medicine, University of London, E1 2AT, London, UK
Mol Cell Neurosci 37:367-75. 2008..We conclude that endogenous SOCS3 inhibits AP-1 activity through blocking of JNK phosphorylation...
- MaXlab: a novel application for the cross comparison and integration of biological signatures from microarray studiesSabah Khalid
Molecular Immunology Bioinformatics Group, Microarray Facility, Division of Biosciences, Brunel University, Uxbridge, UK
In Silico Biol 8:363-76. 2008..The software together with file formats and additional material is freely available at http://www.immuno-software.org...
- Antigen-loaded ER microsomes from APC induce potent immune responses against viral infectionVassiliki Sofra
Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, Barts and London School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of London, London, UK
Eur J Immunol 39:85-95. 2009..The microsomal vaccines protect against acute viral infection. Our data demonstrate that peptide-MHC complexes armed microsomes from DC can be an important alternative to DC-based vaccines for protection from viral infection...
- Persistent antigenic stimulation alters the transcription program in T cells, resulting in antigen-specific tolerancePer O Anderson
Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, Barts and London School of Medicine, UK
Eur J Immunol 36:1374-85. 2006..Persistent antigen stimulation can induce T cell tolerance by changing the balance of transcription factors...
- Suppressor of cytokine signaling-3 suppresses the ability of activated signal transducer and activator of transcription-3 to stimulate neurite growth in rat primary sensory neuronsTizong Miao
Centre for Neuroscience, Barts and the London Queen Mary s School of Medicine, University of London, London E1 2AT, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 26:9512-9. 2006..In conclusion, STAT3 signaling is beneficial to axonal growth through activating transcription of unidentified genes, and SOCS3 is detrimental to axonal growth through inhibition of STAT3 and/or other transcription factors...