Rupert C Jones
Affiliation: Peninsula Medical School
- Derivation and validation of a composite index of severity in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: the DOSE IndexRupert C Jones
Respiratory Research Unit, Peninsula Medical School, University of Plymouth, Devon, UK
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 180:1189-95. 2009..Single measures such as lung function provide a limited reflection of how the disease affects patients. Composite measures have the potential to account for many of the facets of COPD...
- A pilot study of a mobile spirometry service in primary careRupert Jones
Respiratory Research Unit, ITTC Building N21, Davy Road, Plymouth, PL6 8BX, UK
Prim Care Respir J 14:169-71. 2005..This evaluation of an inexpensive mobile spirometry service demonstrates how patients with respiratory problems can be diagnosed and referred to appropriate services, with major potential benefits to the patient and the health service...
- Prevalence of post-traumatic stress disorder in patients with previous myocardial infarction consulting in general practiceRupert Cm Jones
Respiratory Research Unit, Peninsula Medical School, Plymouth
Br J Gen Pract 57:808-10. 2007..PTSD after myocardial infarction may be a common, persistent, and overlooked cause of psychological morbidity...
- Educational impact of pulmonary rehabilitation: Lung Information Needs QuestionnaireRupert C M Jones
Respiratory Research Unit, Peninsula Medical School, Devon, 1 Davy Road, Plymouth PL6 8BX, United Kingdom
Respir Med 102:1439-45. 2008..The aim of this study was to assess the sensitivity of the LINQ to change before and after pulmonary rehabilitation (PR)...
- Accuracy of diagnostic registers and management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: the Devon primary care auditRupert C M Jones
Respiratory Research Unit, Peninsula Medical School, 1 Davy Road, Plymouth, UK
Respir Res 9:62. 2008..These lead to inaccurate diagnostic registers and inadequacy of administered treatments. This study represents an audit of COPD diagnosis and management in primary care practices in Devon...
- The prevalence of posttraumatic stress disorder in patients undergoing pulmonary rehabilitation and changes in PTSD symptoms following rehabilitationRupert C M Jones
Respiratory Research Unit, Peninsula Medical School, Plymouth, England, UK
J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev 29:49-56. 2009..We investigated the prevalence of PTSD in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) referred to pulmonary rehabilitation and the impact of rehabilitation on PTSD symptoms...
- Optimising pharmacological maintenance treatment for COPD in primary careRupert Jones
Respiratory Research Unit, Peninsula Medical School, University of Plymouth, UK
Prim Care Respir J 20:33-45. 2011....
- Summary of the consultation on a strategy for services for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in EnglandRupert Jones
Peninsula Medical School, University of Plymouth, UK
Prim Care Respir J 19:S1-S17. 2010..Implementation of the Strategy recommendations should lead to optimum care for patients with COPD...
- Multi-component assessment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: an evaluation of the ADO and DOSE indices and the global obstructive lung disease categories in international primary care data setsRupert C Jones
Clinical Trials and Population Studies, Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine and Dentistry ITTC Building N14, Plymouth Science Park, Plymouth, UK
NPJ Prim Care Respir Med 26:16010. 2016..The GOLD categories predict future risk inconsistently. The DOSE index and the GOLD categories using exacerbation frequency may be used to identify those at high risk for exacerbations and admissions. ..