Affiliation: National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence
- National Institute for Clinical Excellence: NICE worksMichael D Rawlins
Department of Non communicable Disease Epidemiology, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London WC1E 7HT, UK
J R Soc Med 108:211-9. 2015....
- Prevalence of adult Huntington's disease in the UK based on diagnoses recorded in general practice recordsStephen J W Evans
Department of Epidemiology, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, University of London, London, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 84:1156-60. 2013..Recently, it has been suggested that the prevalence may be substantially greater than previously reported. This study was undertaken to estimate the overall UK prevalence in adults diagnosed with HD, using data from primary care...
- What's happening at NICE?Michael D Rawlins
National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, London, UK
Clin Med 13:13-5. 2013..The changes to the structure of NICE will not change its relationship with the professions and we are confident that it will continue to be relevant to all those working in the National Health Service...
- Crossing the fourth hurdleMichael D Rawlins
National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, 71 High Holborn, London WC1V 6NA, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 73:855-60. 2012..Decision makers, however, must draw their conclusions not only on the basis of the underpinning science but also on the social values of the people they serve...
- De Testimonio: on the evidence for decisions about the use of therapeutic interventionsMichael Rawlins
National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, London
Clin Med 8:579-88. 2008..Rather, decision makers need to exercise judgement about whether (and when) evidence gathered from experimental or observational sources is fit for purpose...