- The management of hand injuries caused by sea urchin spinesR Nassab
Department of Plastic Surgery, University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust, Selly Oak Hospital, Birmingham, UK
J Hand Surg Br 30:432-3. 2005..Injury may also be caused by the urchin spines or pedicellaria (delicate seizing organs equipped with jaws). A small number of hand injuries associated with sea urchin spines have been reported in the literature...
- Infected palmar pits: a rare presentation of Gorlin's syndromeR Nassab
University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust, Selly Oak Hospital, Birmingham B29 JD, UK
J Hand Surg Br 30:459-60. 2005..However, hand surgeons should be aware of this condition and those parts of the syndrome which may present to them...
- Breast reconstruction using deep inferior epigastric perforator flaps in EEC syndromeR Nassab
Department of Plastic Surgery, Selly Oak Hospital, University Hospital Birmingham, Birmingham B29 6JD, UK
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 59:600-3. 2006..We present the case of a young patient with EEC syndrome and mammary hypoplasia who underwent DIEP flap reconstruction for breast augmentation. The outcome was satisfactory to both patient and surgeon...
- The diagnostic accuracy of clinical examination in hand lacerationsR Nassab
University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust, Selly Oak Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Int J Surg 5:105-8. 2007..Hand injuries account for a significant proportion of emergency department attendance. We investigated the diagnostic accuracy of clinical examination in patients with simple hand lacerations undergoing surgical exploration at our unit...
- Cosmetic tourism: public opinion and analysis of information and content available on the InternetReza Nassab
Countess of Chester Hospital, Chester, England
Aesthet Surg J 30:465-9. 2010..The medical tourism market is a rapidly growing sector fueled by increasing health care costs, longer domestic waiting times, economic recession, and cheaper air travel...
- Online marketing strategies of plastic surgeons and clinics: a comparative study of the United Kingdom and the United StatesReza Nassab
Whiston Hospital, Warrington Road, Liverpool, L35 5DR, UK
Aesthet Surg J 31:566-71. 2011..In this study, the authors review 50 Web sites from practitioners in London and New York to quantify the utilization of online marketing, comparing results between the United Kingdom and the United States...