Affiliation: Moorfields Eye Hospital
- What is new in the management of wet age-related macular degeneration?Sobha Sivaprasad
Moorfields Eye Hospital, 162 City Road, London, UK
Br Med Bull 105:201-11. 2013..The key cytokine involved in the pathogenesis of CNV is vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). Since 2005, antiVEGF therapy has revolutionized the management of this condition...
- Structural and functional measures of efficacy in response to bevacizumab monotherapy in diabetic macular oedema: exploratory analyses of the BOLT study (report 4)Sobha Sivaprasad
NIHR Moorfields Biomedical Research Centre, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e72755. 2013..To describe structural and functional changes associated with diabetic macular oedema (DMO) treated with intravitreal bevacizumab over 24 months...
- Contrast sensitivity outcomes in the ABC Trial: a randomized trial of bevacizumab for neovascular age-related macular degenerationPraveen J Patel
NIHR Biomedical Research Centre for Ophthalmology, Moorfields Eye Hospital and UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, London, UK
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:3089-93. 2011..To report the impact of intravitreous bevacizumab therapy on contrast sensitivity in patients with neovascular age-related macular degeneration (nAMD)...
- Visual acuity outcomes in ranibizumab-treated neovascular age-related macular degeneration; stratified by baseline visionOlajumoke Shona
King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, UK
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 39:5-8. 2011..This study assessed the real-life outcomes based on baseline visual acuity when treated with intravitreal ranibizumab on a three + pro re nata (PRN) dosing schedule for NVAMD...
- Treatment satisfaction of patients undergoing ranibizumab therapy for neovascular age-related macular degeneration in a real-life settingRishma Gohil
National Institute for Health Research Moorfields Biomedical Research Centre, London, UK Diabetes Nursing, King s College London, London, UK
Patient Prefer Adherence 10:949-55. 2016..Treatment satisfaction with a loading phase of monthly injections for 3 months followed by a pro-re-nata regimen of ranibizumab in neovascular age-related macular degeneration (nAMD) remains unclear...
- A prospective randomised controlled clinical trial comparing a combination of repeated intravitreal Ozurdex and macular laser therapy versus macular laser only in centre-involving diabetic macular oedema (OZLASE study)Ling Zhi Heng
Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, NIHR Moorfields Biomedical Research Centre, London, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 100:802-7. 2016..To evaluate the clinical efficacy and safety of combined repeated Ozurdex and macular laser therapy (MLT) compared with MLT monotherapy in participants with visual impairment due to centre-involving diabetic macular oedema (DMO)...
- An exploratory study evaluating the effects of macular carotenoid supplementation in various retinal diseasesRoxanne Crosby-Nwaobi
NIHR Clinical Research Facility, NIHR Moorfields Biomedical Research Centre, London, UK
Clin Ophthalmol 10:835-44. 2016....
- Perspectives on reticular pseudodrusen in age-related macular degenerationSobha Sivaprasad
Medical Retina Department, NIHR Moorfields Biomedical Research Centre, London, UK Department of Ocular Biology, Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, London, UK Laser and Retinal Research Centre, King s College London, London, UK Electronic address
Surv Ophthalmol 61:521-37. 2016..We summarize the current knowledge regarding the histology, imaging, and functional changes in eyes with RPD in AMD and offer concepts of future research for the AMD community to discuss. ..
- Caregiver Burden in Patients Receiving Ranibizumab Therapy for Neovascular Age Related Macular DegenerationRishma Gohil
NIHR Moorfields Biomedical Research Centre, London, United Kingdom King s College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 10:e0129361. 2015..To assess the caregiver burden and factors determining the burden in patients receiving ranibizumab therapy for neovascular AMD (nAMD)...
- Agreement between time-domain and spectral-domain optical coherence tomography in the assessment of macular thickness in patients with idiopathic macular telangiectasia type 2Raeba Mathew
NIHR Biomedical Research Centre for Ophthalmology, Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, London, UK
Ophthalmologica 230:144-50. 2013..To estimate the conversion factors to transpose macular thickness measurements on time-domain (TD) to various spectral-domain (SD) optical coherence tomography (OCT) machines in patients with macular telangiectasia type 2a (MacTel)...
- Injection frequency and response to bevacizumab monotherapy for diabetic macular oedema (BOLT Report 5)Sobha Sivaprasad
NIHR Biomedical Research Centre for Ophthalmology, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 97:1177-80. 2013..To explore the parameters that influence injection frequency in patients treated with intravitreal bevacizumab (ivB) for diabetic macular oedema. Injection frequency was considered as a surrogate marker of persistent or recurrent oedema...
- Real-World Outcomes of Ranibizumab Treatment for Diabetic Macular Edema in a United Kingdom National Health Service SettingNamritha V Patrao
National Institute of Health Research Moorfields Biomedical Research Centre, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Am J Ophthalmol 172:51-57. 2016..To determine visual acuity (VA) and spectral-domain optical coherence tomography (OCT) outcomes with intravitreal ranibizumab for diabetic macular edema (DME) in a United Kingdom National Health Service clinical setting...
- Spectral domain optical coherence tomography in patients with sickle cell diseaseRaeba Mathew
Laser and Retinal Research Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, King s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 99:967-72. 2015..To evaluate spectral domain optical coherence tomography (SD-OCT) changes in central retina and choroid in patients with sickle cell disease (SCD)...
- Prevalence of diabetic retinopathy in various ethnic groups: a worldwide perspectiveSobha Sivaprasad
King s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Denmark Hill, London, UK
Surv Ophthalmol 57:347-70. 2012..We examine the ethnicity and region-based prevalence of diabetic retinopathy around the world and highlight the need to reinforce ethnicity-based screening and treatment thresholds in diabetic retinopathy...
- Subthreshold diode laser micropulse photocoagulation for the treatment of diabetic macular edemaSobha Sivaprasad
King s College Hospital, Laser and Retinal Research Unit, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS, UK
Expert Rev Med Devices 9:189-97. 2012..This review describes the principles of subthreshold diode laser micropulse photocoagulation, its treatment modalities and clinical outcomes in the context of standard laser treatments and of emerging nonlaser therapies for DME...
- Hypoxia and oxidative stress in the causation of diabetic retinopathyGeoffrey B Arden
Henry Wellcome Research Laboratories, Centre for Applied Vision Sciences, Department of Optometry and Visual Science, School of Community and Health Sciences, City University, Northampton Square, London, UK
Curr Diabetes Rev 7:291-304. 2011..If oxidative stress is considered 'the' determinant of DR, explanation of such findings solely in terms of oxidative stress would require additional hypotheses...
- Treatment of proliferative diabetic retinopathy with anti-VEGF agentsAysha Salam
Laser and Retinal Research Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, King s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Denmark Hill, London, UK
Acta Ophthalmol 89:405-11. 2011..This review analyses published studies using anti-VEGF agents alone or as an adjunct to other therapies in the treatment of PDR...
- Current treatment options for retinal angiomatous proliferans (RAP)Bhaskar Gupta
Ophthalmology Department, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 94:672-7. 2010..This review of current literature on RAP compares the outcomes of various treatment options for this condition and highlights the lack of clinical trials and paucity of long-term data on this relatively common condition...
- A retrospective study of the real-life utilization and effectiveness of ranibizumab therapy for neovascular age-related macular degeneration in the UKPhilip Hykin
National Institute for Health Research Biomedical Research Centre in Ophthalmology, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
Clin Ophthalmol 10:87-96. 2016..This paper reports the findings from the UK...
- Ocriplasmin use for vitreomacular traction and macular hole: A meta-analysis and comprehensive review on predictive factors for vitreous release and potential complicationsIrini Chatziralli
NIHR Moorfields Biomedical Research Centre, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 254:1247-56. 2016..We aimed to provide a meta-analysis of the factors affecting vitreomacular traction (VMT) resolution after ocriplasmin use. A comprehensive systematic review of the complications after ocriplasmin use for VMT and macular hole was also done...
- Intravitreal steroid and anti-vascular endothelial growth agents for the management of retinal vein occlusion: evidence from randomized trialsIrini Chatziralli
a 1 King s College Hospital, Laser and Retina Research Unit, London, UK
Expert Opin Biol Ther 15:1685-97. 2015..Although several modalities have been evaluated for the treatment of ME secondary to RVO in clinical trials, various questions need to be clarified when translating clinical trials into real-world practice...
- Clinical efficacy and mechanistic evaluation of aflibercept for proliferative diabetic retinopathy (acronym CLARITY): a multicentre phase IIb randomised active-controlled clinical trialSobha Sivaprasad
NIHR Moorfields Biomedical Research Centre, London, UK
BMJ Open 5:e008405. 2015....
- Changes in detection of retinopathy in type 2 diabetes in the first 4 years of a population-based diabetic eye screening program: retrospective cohort studyAlice S Forster
Department of Primary Care and Public Health Sciences, King s College London, London, UK
Diabetes Care 36:2663-9. 2013..Annual diabetic eye screening has been implemented in England since 2008. This study aimed to estimate changes in the detection of retinopathy in the first 4 years of the program...
- Correlation of fundus fluorescein angiography and spectral-domain optical coherence tomography in identification of membrane subtypes in neovascular age-related macular degenerationRaeba Mathew
Laser and Retinal Research Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Ophthalmologica 231:153-9. 2014....
- Micropulsed diode laser therapy: evolution and clinical applicationsSobha Sivaprasad
Department of Ophthalmology, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Surv Ophthalmol 55:516-30. 2010..The report includes the rationale and basic principles underlying micropulse diode laser therapy, together with a review of its current clinical applications...