Michael A Mendall
- Abdominal adiposity is the main determinant of the C-reactive response to injury in subjects undergoing inguinal hernia repairSashidhar Irkulla
Croydon University Hospital, Mayday Rd, Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 7YE, UK
J Inflamm (Lond) 10:5. 2013....
- Is obesity a risk factor for Crohn's disease?Michael A Mendall
Mayday University Hospital, Croydon, UK
Dig Dis Sci 56:837-44. 2011..Obesity is associated with a proinflammatory state...
- Advanced age influences the dynamic changes in circulating C-reactive protein following injuryDavid J Pinato
Department of Medicine, Croydon University Hospital, Surrey, UK
J Clin Pathol 66:695-9. 2013..The influence of age on CRP dynamic changes following insult has, however, been poorly characterised...
- Faecal calprotectin: factors affecting levels and its potential role as a surrogate marker for risk of development of Crohn's DiseaseMichael A Mendall
Department of Gastroenterology, Croydon University Hospital, 530 London Road, Surrey, CR7 7YE, UK
BMC Gastroenterol 16:126. 2016..Despite this, factors other than disease activity which affect levels have not been extensively reviewed. This is of importance when using FC in the diagnostic setting but also may be of utility in studying the aetiology of disease...
- Bowel inflammation as measured by fecal calprotectin: a link between lifestyle factors and colorectal cancer riskAndrew Poullis
Mayday University Hospital, Thornton Heath, Surrey, United Kingdom
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:279-84. 2004..Low-level asymptomatic bowel inflammation may be the link between lifestyle and the pathogenesis of CRC, and circulating proinflammatory cytokines may be part of the mechanism for this link...
- Effect of the CD14 promoter polymorphism on liver function tests and its association with alcohol and obesityAndrew P Poullis
Mayday University Hospital, Thornton Heath, Surrey, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 15:1317-22. 2003..To investigate the effect of the functional CD14 promoter polymorphism on serum liver function tests and abnormally elevated liver function tests in a general population sample...