- Pre-operative chemoradiation for non-metastatic locally advanced rectal cancerKathryn McCarthy
Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, UK 2Dorset County Hospital, Dorchester, UK
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 12:CD008368. 2012..This review sets out to assess the efficacy of pre-operative chemoradiation when compared to radiotherapy alone before surgery in the treatment of advanced non metastatic rectal surgery...
- Expression of 25-hydroxyvitamin D-1-alpha-hydroxylase, and vitamin D receptor mRNA in normal and malignant breast tissueKathryn McCarthy
Section of Endocrine Oncology, Department of Endocrinology, Barts and The London, Queen Mary School of Medicine, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London EC1A 6BT, UK
Anticancer Res 29:155-7. 2009..The decreased expression of 1alphaOHase in normal tissue from women with breast cancer may be important in their predisposition to the development of cancer...
- The expression and function of IGFBP-3 in normal and malignant breast tissueK McCarthy
Breast Unit, Barts and the London Queen Mary School of Medicine, London, UK
Anticancer Res 29:3785-90. 2009..These findings suggest that IGFBP-3 may play a role in tumorigenesis, and that IGFBP-3 levels could be used in the future in cancer risk assessment/prevention or as markers of response to cancer treatments...
- Cyclo-oxygenase-2 (COX-2) mRNA expression and hormone receptor status in breast cancerK McCarthy
Breast Unit, St Bartholomew s Hospital, Barts and the London Queen Mary School of Medicine and Dentistry, West Smithfield, London EC1A 7EA, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:707-9. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate COX-2 mRNA expression with known clinical prognostic features of breast cancer, oestrogen/progesterone receptor status, tumour size and grade...
- Differential expression of IGF-binding protein-3 in normal and malignant colon and its influence on apoptosisP J Jenkins
Department of Endocrinology, William Harvey Research Institute, Barts and the London Queen Mary s School of Dentistry, John Vane Building, Charterhouse Square, UK
Endocr Relat Cancer 12:891-901. 2005..These effects are mediated in part by the PI-3K pathway in contrast to the MAP kinase pathway used by IGF-I...