Jean Claude N Mbanya
- Diabetes care in AfricaJean Claude Mbanya
Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Yaounde I, Yaounde, Cameroon
Lancet 368:1628-9. 2006
- Incidence of hypoglycemia in patients with type 2 diabetes treated with gliclazide versus DPP-4 inhibitors during Ramadan: A meta-analytical approachJean Claude Mbanya
University of Yaounde I, Cameroon Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases Unit at the Hospital Central in Yaounde, Cameroon Electronic address
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 109:226-32. 2015..In this analysis, we assessed the incidence of symptomatic hypoglycemic events in fasting patients treated with gliclazide or dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors...
- Metabolic syndrome for sub-Saharan Africans diabetes with peripheral arterial disease: a case-control studyJean Joel R Bigna
Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Yaounde 1, P, O, Box 1364, Yaounde, Cameroon
BMC Res Notes 7:104. 2014..The aim of the study was to determine what value of waist circumference should be used and whether to use it as obligatory criterion in the metabolic syndrome in case of peripheral arterial disease (PAD)...
- Fasting insulin sensitivity indices are not better than routine clinical variables at predicting insulin sensitivity among Black Africans: a clamp study in sub-Saharan AfricansEugene Sobngwi
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Yaounde I, Yaounde, Cameroon
BMC Endocr Disord 14:65. 2014..We aimed to evaluate the predictive utility of common fasting insulin sensitivity indices, and non-laboratory surrogates [BMI, waist circumference (WC) and waist-to-height ratio (WHtR)] in sub-Saharan Africans without diabetes...
- Obesity and type 2 diabetes in Sub-Sahara AfricaJean Claude Mbanya
Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences and Laboratory for Molecular Medicine and Metabolism, The Biotechnology Center, University of Yaounde 1, Yaounde, Cameroon
Curr Diab Rep 14:501. 2014..This review highlights recent literature on the problem of obesity and type 2 diabetes in Sub-Sahara Africa. It exposes the need for concrete interventions based on the now available wealth of evidence. ..
- Waist circumference does not predict circulating adiponectin levels in sub-Saharan womenEugene Sobngwi
Department of Medicine and Specialties, Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Yaounde 1, Yaounde, Cameroon
Cardiovasc Diabetol 6:31. 2007....
- Anthropometry measures and prevalence of obesity in the urban adult population of Cameroon: an update from the Cameroon Burden of Diabetes Baseline SurveyRaoul M Kamadjeu
Health of Population in Transition Research Group, Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Yaounde University I, Cameroon
BMC Public Health 6:228. 2006..The objective of the study was to provide baseline and reference data on the prevalence and distribution of overweight and obesity, using different anthropometric measurements in adult urban populations in Cameroon...
- Diabetes in sub-Saharan AfricaJean Claude N Mbanya
Department of Internal Medicine and Specialties, Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Yaounde I, Yaounde, Cameroon
Lancet 375:2254-66. 2010..A multisectoral approach to diabetes control and care is vital for expansion of socioculturally appropriate diabetes programmes in sub-Saharan African countries...
- Ten-year changes in central obesity and BMI in rural and urban CameroonLeopold K Fezeu
Health of Population in Transition Research Group, Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Yaounde I, Yaounde, Cameroon
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:1144-7. 2008..To compare the 10-year changes in the distribution of adiposity in rural and urban Cameroonian populations...
- Nutritional composition of commonly consumed composite dishes from the Central Province of CameroonSangita Sharma
Cancer Etiology Program, Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Int J Food Sci Nutr 58:475-85. 2007....
- Knowledge, attitudes, and behavior relating to diabetes and its main risk factors among urban residents in Cameroon: a qualitative surveyEmmanuel Kiawi
Health of Population in Transition Research Group HoPiT Cameroon, Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Yaounde I, PO Box 8046, Yaounde, Cameroon
Ethn Dis 16:503-9. 2006..Health education should be informed by lay perspectives to maximize the appropriateness of the messages and their effect on knowledge, attitudes, and behavior...
- Jean Claude Mbanya: fighting diabetes in AfricaJoseph J Schatz
Lancet 371:1742. 2008
- The burden of high blood pressure and related risk factors in urban sub-Saharan Africa: evidences from Douala in CameroonAndre Pascal Kengne
Health of Population in Transition Research group HoPiT, Department of Internal Medicine, FMBS Yaoundé, Cameroon
Afr Health Sci 7:38-44. 2007..To provide the current burden of high blood pressure and related risk factors in urban setting in Cameroon...
- Hypertension in people with diabetes in sub-Saharan Africa: revealing the hidden face of the icebergSimeon Pierre Choukem
Department of Internal Medicine and Subspecialties, Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Yaounde, Cameroon
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 77:293-9. 2007..To evaluate the prevalence, awareness, treatment and control of hypertension in a diabetic population of Cameroon, a sub-Saharan African country...