Keith R G Martin
- Gene therapy for optic nerve diseaseK R G Martin
Eye Department, Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Eye (Lond) 18:1049-55. 2004..There has been recent interest in the potential use of gene therapy techniques to treat ocular disease. In this article, we consider the optic nerve diseases that are potentially most amenable to gene therapy...
- Optic nerve dynein motor protein distribution changes with intraocular pressure elevation in a rat model of glaucomaKeith R G Martin
Glaucoma Research Laboratory, Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Exp Eye Res 83:255-62. 2006..The effect of IOP elevation on other motor proteins deserves further investigation in the future...
- Gene therapy with brain-derived neurotrophic factor as a protection: retinal ganglion cells in a rat glaucoma modelKeith R G Martin
Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:4357-65. 2003....
- Retinal glutamate transporter changes in experimental glaucoma and after optic nerve transection in the ratKeith R G Martin
Glaucoma Research Laboratory, Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:2236-43. 2002..This study was conducted to investigate whether glutamate transporter changes occur with two models of optic nerve injury in the rat...
- Measurement of amino acid levels in the vitreous humor of rats after chronic intraocular pressure elevation or optic nerve transectionHana Levkovitch-Verbin
Glaucoma Service, Wilmer Ophthalmological Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Glaucoma 11:396-405. 2002..To investigate whether the levels of free amino acids and protein in the vitreous of rat eyes are altered with chronic intraocular pressure (IOP) elevation or after optic nerve transection...
- A model to study differences between primary and secondary degeneration of retinal ganglion cells in rats by partial optic nerve transectionHana Levkovitch-Verbin
Department of Ophthalmology, Wilmer Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:3388-93. 2003..To use a rat model of optic nerve injury to differentiate primary and secondary retinal ganglion cell (RGC) injury...
- Translimbal laser photocoagulation to the trabecular meshwork as a model of glaucoma in ratsHana Levkovitch-Verbin
Glaucoma Research Laboratory, Wilmer Ophthalmological Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:402-10. 2002..To develop and characterize a model of pressure-induced optic neuropathy in rats...
- Gene delivery to the eye using adeno-associated viral vectorsKeith R G Martin
Wilmer Eye Institute, Wilmer 122, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Methods 28:267-75. 2002..Our techniques facilitate the study of the pathogenesis of RGC diseases such as glaucoma and the development of novel new treatments based on gene therapy...
- The transcription factor c-jun is activated in retinal ganglion cells in experimental rat glaucomaHana Levkovitch-Verbin
Sam Rothberg Molecular Biology Lab, Goldschleger Eye Institute, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Aviv University, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Exp Eye Res 80:663-70. 2005..C-jun is activated more gradually in glaucoma then after optic nerve transection...