David I Marks
- A review of the management of adults with T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaDavid I Marks
Adult BMT Unit, University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust, Bristol, United Kingdom
Blood . 2017..We also describe the current data and potential future options for the use of novel therapies, including nelarabine and gamma-secretase inhibitors, in adult patients with T-cell ALL...
- Allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation in adult patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaDavid I Marks
Adult BMT Unit, University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust, Upper Mandlin Street, Bristol BS2 8BJ, UK Electronic address
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 28:995-1009. 2014....
- Unrelated umbilical cord blood transplant for adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia in first and second complete remission: a comparison with allografts from adult unrelated donorsDavid I Marks
Haematologica 99:322-8. 2014....
- The clinical characteristics, therapy and outcome of 85 adults with acute lymphoblastic leukemia and t(4;11)(q21;q23)/MLL-AFF1 prospectively treated in the UKALLXII/ECOG2993 trialDavid I Marks
Adult BMT Unit, University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust, Bristol, UK
Haematologica 98:945-52. 2013..Prospective trials are required to determine whether poor outcomes in older patients can be improved by reduced-intensity conditioning allografts. NCT00002514 www.clinicaltrials.gov...
- Treating the "older" adult with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaDavid I Marks
Haematology and Stem Cell Transplantation, Bristol BMT Unit, University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust, Bristol, UK
Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2010:13-20. 2010..A better understanding of the biology of the disease (including gene profiling) may allow individualization of therapy and, in time, targeted therapy...
- Voriconazole versus itraconazole for antifungal prophylaxis following allogeneic haematopoietic stem-cell transplantationDavid I Marks
University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust, Bristol, UK
Br J Haematol 155:318-27. 2011..Voriconazole could be given for significantly longer durations, with less need for other systemic antifungals...
- The outcome of full-intensity and reduced-intensity conditioning matched sibling or unrelated donor transplantation in adults with Philadelphia chromosome-negative acute lymphoblastic leukemia in first and second complete remissionDavid I Marks
University Hospitals Bristol NHS Trust, Bristol, United Kingdom
Blood 116:366-74. 2010..RIC merits further investigation in prospective trials of adult ALL...
- T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia in adults: clinical features, immunophenotype, cytogenetics, and outcome from the large randomized prospective trial (UKALL XII/ECOG 2993)David I Marks
Adult Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, University Hospitals Bristol National Health Service Foundation Trust, Bristol, United Kingdom
Blood 114:5136-45. 2009..001). Only 8 of 123 relapsed patients survive. This study provides a baseline for trials of new drugs, such as nelarabine, and may allow risk-adapted therapy in patients with poor-prognosis T-cell ALL...
- Unrelated donor transplants in adults with Philadelphia-negative acute lymphoblastic leukemia in first complete remissionDavid I Marks
Adult Blood and Marrow Transplantation BMT Unit, United Bristol Healthcare Trust, Bristol, United Kingdom
Blood 112:426-34. 2008..Nearly 40% of adults with ALL in CR1 survive 5 years after URD transplantation. Relapse risks were modest; TRM is the major cause of treatment failure. Selecting closely HLA-matched URD and reducing TRM should improve results...
- The effect of smoking on allogeneic transplant outcomesDavid I Marks
University Hospitals Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:1277-87. 2009..A prospective study with detailed demographic, pulmonary function, and quality-of-life data would improve our understanding of this issue...
- A comparison of cyclophosphamide and total body irradiation with etoposide and total body irradiation as conditioning regimens for patients undergoing sibling allografting for acute lymphoblastic leukemia in first or second complete remissionDavid I Marks
Adult BMT Unit, Bristol Children s Hospital, Bristol, UK
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:438-53. 2006..We conclude that for HLA-identical sibling allografts for acute lymphoblastic leukemia in CR2, there is an advantage in substituting etoposide for Cy or, when Cy is used, in increasing the TBI dose to > or =13 Gy...
- Haploidentical stem cell transplantation for children with acute leukaemiaDavid I Marks
BMT Unit, Bristol Children s Hospital, United Bristol Healthcare Trust, Bristol, UK
Br J Haematol 134:196-201. 2006..None of the nine patients with acute myeloid leukaemia not in remission have survived...
- The clinical outcome and toxicity of high-dose chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with myeloma or amyloid and severe renal impairment: a British Society of Blood and Marrow Transplantation studyJennifer M Bird
Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre, Bristol, UK
Br J Haematol 134:385-90. 2006..Two of the four patients with amyloidosis have survived. HDT is feasible in these patients and results in 5-year survival in about one-third of patients...
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura following stem cell transplantationSarah L Allford
Adult BMT Unit, Bristol Royal Hospital for Children, Upper Maudlin Street, Bristol BS2 8BJ, UK
Leuk Lymphoma 43:1921-6. 2002..This review summarises the state of knowledge of post-transplant TTP in 2002, addressing all the aforementioned issues and aims to provide the basis for further systematic study of this problematic complication of transplant...
- Preparations for unrelated donor transplantationDavid I Marks
Adult BMT Unit, Oncology Day Beds, Bristol Children s Hospital, Bristol, UK
Leuk Lymphoma 47:403-8. 2006..Many of the recommendations are derived from personal experience; there is a need for more of an evidence base to aid decision-making...
- The toxicity and efficacy of donor lymphocyte infusions given after reduced-intensity conditioning allogeneic stem cell transplantationDavid I Marks
Adult BMT Unit, Bristol Children s Hospital, Upper Maudlin Street, Bristol BS2 8BJ, UK
Blood 100:3108-14. 2002..Further systematic studies are required to determine the efficacy and optimum use of DLI for patients with each disease treated by nonmyeloablative stem cell transplantation...