David I Marks
- Allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation in adult patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaDavid I Marks
Adult BMT Unit, University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust, Upper Mandlin Street, Bristol BS2 8BJ, UK Electronic address
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 28:995-1009. 2014....
- Unrelated umbilical cord blood transplant for adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia in first and second complete remission: a comparison with allografts from adult unrelated donorsDavid I Marks
Haematologica 99:322-8. 2014....
- The clinical characteristics, therapy and outcome of 85 adults with acute lymphoblastic leukemia and t(4;11)(q21;q23)/MLL-AFF1 prospectively treated in the UKALLXII/ECOG2993 trialDavid I Marks
Adult BMT Unit, University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust, Bristol, UK
Haematologica 98:945-52. 2013..Prospective trials are required to determine whether poor outcomes in older patients can be improved by reduced-intensity conditioning allografts. NCT00002514 www.clinicaltrials.gov...
- Voriconazole versus itraconazole for antifungal prophylaxis following allogeneic haematopoietic stem-cell transplantationDavid I Marks
University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust, Bristol, UK
Br J Haematol 155:318-27. 2011..Voriconazole could be given for significantly longer durations, with less need for other systemic antifungals...
- Treating the "older" adult with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaDavid I Marks
Haematology and Stem Cell Transplantation, Bristol BMT Unit, University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust, Bristol, UK
Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2010:13-20. 2010..A better understanding of the biology of the disease (including gene profiling) may allow individualization of therapy and, in time, targeted therapy...
- Haploidentical stem cell transplantation for children with acute leukaemiaDavid I Marks
BMT Unit, Bristol Children s Hospital, United Bristol Healthcare Trust, Bristol, UK
Br J Haematol 134:196-201. 2006..None of the nine patients with acute myeloid leukaemia not in remission have survived...
- A comparison of cyclophosphamide and total body irradiation with etoposide and total body irradiation as conditioning regimens for patients undergoing sibling allografting for acute lymphoblastic leukemia in first or second complete remissionDavid I Marks
Adult BMT Unit, Bristol Children s Hospital, Bristol, UK
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:438-53. 2006..We conclude that for HLA-identical sibling allografts for acute lymphoblastic leukemia in CR2, there is an advantage in substituting etoposide for Cy or, when Cy is used, in increasing the TBI dose to > or =13 Gy...
- The clinical outcome and toxicity of high-dose chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with myeloma or amyloid and severe renal impairment: a British Society of Blood and Marrow Transplantation studyJennifer M Bird
Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre, Bristol, UK
Br J Haematol 134:385-90. 2006..Two of the four patients with amyloidosis have survived. HDT is feasible in these patients and results in 5-year survival in about one-third of patients...
- Preparations for unrelated donor transplantationDavid I Marks
Adult BMT Unit, Oncology Day Beds, Bristol Children s Hospital, Bristol, UK
Leuk Lymphoma 47:403-8. 2006..Many of the recommendations are derived from personal experience; there is a need for more of an evidence base to aid decision-making...
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura following stem cell transplantationSarah L Allford
Adult BMT Unit, Bristol Royal Hospital for Children, Upper Maudlin Street, Bristol BS2 8BJ, UK
Leuk Lymphoma 43:1921-6. 2002..This review summarises the state of knowledge of post-transplant TTP in 2002, addressing all the aforementioned issues and aims to provide the basis for further systematic study of this problematic complication of transplant...
- The toxicity and efficacy of donor lymphocyte infusions given after reduced-intensity conditioning allogeneic stem cell transplantationDavid I Marks
Adult BMT Unit, Bristol Children s Hospital, Upper Maudlin Street, Bristol BS2 8BJ, UK
Blood 100:3108-14. 2002..Further systematic studies are required to determine the efficacy and optimum use of DLI for patients with each disease treated by nonmyeloablative stem cell transplantation...