Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Marie Curie Research Institute
- Regulation of RNA polymerase II activity by CTD phosphorylation and cell cycle controlTHOMAS OELGESCHLAGER
Eukaryotic Gene Regulation Laboratory, Marie Curie Research Institute, The Chart, Oxted, Surrey, United Kingdom
J Cell Physiol 190:160-9. 2002..These observations suggest that reversible RNAP II CTD phosphorylation may play a key role in linking cell cycle regulatory events to coordinated changes in transcription...
- Association of human TFIID-promoter complexes with silenced mitotic chromatin in vivoRossitza Christova
Eukaryotic Gene Regulation Laboratory, Marie Curie Research Institute, The Chart, Oxted, Surrey RH8 0TL, UK
Nat Cell Biol 4:79-82. 2002..Stable TFIID-promoter complexes are therefore implicated in the propagation of cell-type-specific gene expression patterns through cell division...
- The initiator core promoter element antagonizes repression of TATA-directed transcription by negative cofactor NC2Barbora Malecova
Transcription Laboratory, Marie Curie Research Institute, The Chart, Oxted, Surrey RH8 0TL, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 282:24767-76. 2007..Remarkably, the INR appears to stimulate TATA-dependent transcription similar to activators by strongly enhancing recruitment of TFIIA and TFIIB and, at the same time, by compromising NC2 binding...
- Taspase1 processing alters TFIIA cofactor properties in the regulation of TFIIDBarbora Malecova
a Marie Curie Research Institute The Chart, Oxted, Surrey, United Kingdom
Transcription 6:21-32. 2015..Our results provide first evidence that Taspase1 processing affects TFIIA regulation of TFIID and suggest that Taspase1 processing of TFIIA is required to establish INR-selective core promoter activity in the presence of NC2...
- SUMO-1 modification of human transcription factor (TF) IID complex subunits: inhibition of TFIID promoter-binding activity through SUMO-1 modification of hsTAF5Michael Boyer-Guittaut
Transcription Laboratory, Marie Curie Research Institute, Oxted, Surrey RH8 0TL, UK
J Biol Chem 280:9937-45. 2005..Our observations suggest that reversible SUMO modification at hsTAF5 contributes to the dynamic regulation of TFIID promoter-binding activity in human cells...