- Remaining controversies in the upfront management of advanced ovarian cancerM S Mano
Unite de Chimiotherapie, Institut Jules Bordet, Brussels, Belgium
Int J Gynecol Cancer 14:707-20. 2004..In this article, we review the rationale behind these controversial issues, and provide the levels of evidence supporting the current recommendations for AOC management...
- Locally advanced breast cancer in octogenarian womenMax Mano
Beatson Oncology Centre, Glasgow, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 89:81-90. 2005..This article reviews the current evidence, options, and most promising approaches for these patients...
- Liver metastases from breast cancer: management of patients with significant liver dysfunctionMax S Mano
Beatson Oncology Centre, Western Infirmary, Dumbarton Road, Glasgow G11 6TN, UK
Cancer Treat Rev 31:35-48. 2005..In this paper, we review the optimal doses of cytotoxics used in this clinical situation and provide some tips on the management of these patients, based on the limited data currently available in the literature...
- Adjuvant anthracycline-based chemotherapy for early breast cancer: do the dose and schedule matter?Max S Mano
Beatson Oncology Centre, Western Infirmary, Dumbarton Road, Glasgow G11 6NT, Scotland, UK
Cancer Treat Rev 31:69-78. 2005..Unfortunately, as research is moving towards other more important questions, many of these uncertainties may never be clarified. In this paper, we review the current evidence behind some of the most commonly used anthracycline schedules...
- Radiation-induced angiosarcoma of the breast shows major response to docetaxel after failure of anthracycline-based chemotherapyMax S Mano
Beatson Oncology Centre, Western Infirmary, Dumbarton Road, Glasgow, UK
Breast 15:117-8. 2006..This is particularly well documented with paclitaxel, but may also be the case with docetaxel...
- Vinorelbine in the management of breast cancer: New perspectives, revived role in the era of targeted therapyMax Mano
Institut Jules Bordet, Rue Héger Bordet 01, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
Cancer Treat Rev 32:106-18. 2006..There are still a number of unanswered questions that will have to be addressed by properly designed, adequately powered randomised clinical trials...
- Management of breast cancer in patients prenatally exposed to diethylstilbestrol: are we prepared?Max S Mano
Beatson Oncology Centre, Western Infirmary, Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow G11 6NT, UK
Breast 14:408-10. 2005..We report on the interesting example of a young woman with a history of vaginal adenosis, who was also diagnosed with early breast cancer...
- Colon cancer: update on adjuvant therapyMax S Mano
Medical Oncology Unit, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Colorectal Cancer 7:178-83. 2008..Finally, as we might have reached a plateau in terms of cytotoxic chemotherapy, numerous clinical trials are now focusing on the role of biologic agents in the adjuvant setting...
- Drug Insight: panitumumab, a human EGFR-targeted monoclonal antibody with promising clinical activity in colorectal cancerMax Mano
Department of Medical Oncology at the Saint Luc University Clinics, Brussels, Belgium
Nat Clin Pract Oncol 5:415-25. 2008....
- Predictive molecular markers in the adjuvant therapy of breast cancer: state of the art in the year 2002Angelo Di Leo
Department of Chemotherapy, Jules Bordet Institute, Brussels, Rue Heger Bordet 1, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Int J Clin Oncol 7:245-53. 2002..In the last part of the article, the most important findings have been summarized and future avenues of research have been outlined...
- Oxaliplatin/5fluorouracil-based chemotherapy was active and well tolerated in heavily pretreated patients with ovarian carcinomaDaniela D Rosa
Department of Medicine, Jules Bordet Institute, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Arch Gynecol Obstet 278:457-62. 2008..We present data from heavily pretreated patients to whom the folinic acid, 5-fluorouracil and oxaliplatin (Folfox) regimen was administered. The objectives were to assess response rate and to evaluate the safety profile...
- The 17q12-q21 amplicon: Her2 and topoisomerase-IIalpha and their importance to the biology of solid tumoursMax S Mano
Medical Oncology Unit, Jules Bordet Institut, Bd de Waterloo, 125, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Cancer Treat Rev 33:64-77. 2007..The prognostic significance of T2A aberrations is currently unknown...
- Novel cytotoxic drugs: old challenges, new solutionsGustavo F V Ismael
Department of Medical Oncology, Jules Bordet Institute, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Cancer Treat Rev 34:81-91. 2008..In this review we highlight the development of promising novel cytotoxic drugs that will hopefully offer not only gains in efficacy, but also in safety, tolerability and convenience in the treatment of patients with cancer...