- Factors influencing emergency medical readmission risk in a UK district general hospital: A prospective studyGeorgios Lyratzopoulos
Directorate of Clinical Services and Public Health, Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire Strategic Health Authority, Fulbourn, UK
BMC Emerg Med 5:1. 2005..The potential influence of deprivation status on readmission risk should be acknowledged, and NHS performance indicators adjustment for deprivation case-mix would be prudent...
- Absence of socioeconomic variation in survival from colorectal cancer in patients receiving surgical treatment in one health district: cohort studyG Lyratzopoulos
Evidence for Population Health Unit, School of Epidemiology and Health Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Colorectal Dis 6:512-7. 2004..To examine whether there is an association between patient deprivation status and survival from colorectal cancer among patients receiving treatment of the same type and quality...
- Deprivation and trends in blood pressure, cholesterol, body mass index and smoking among participants of a UK primary care-based cardiovascular risk factor screening programme: both narrowing and widening in cardiovascular risk factor inequalitiesG Lyratzopoulos
Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire Strategic Health Authority, Victoria House, Capital Park, Fulbourn, Cambridge CB1 5XB, UK
Heart 92:1198-206. 2006..To examine recent time trends in blood pressure (BP), total cholesterol, body mass index (BMI) and current smoking among people in the UK of different deprivation groups...
- Will changes in primary care improve health outcomes? Modelling the impact of financial incentives introduced to improve quality of care in the UKP McElduff
Evidence for Population Health Unit, School of Epidemiology and Health Sciences, Medical School, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Qual Saf Health Care 13:191-7. 2004..To estimate the total health gain from improving the quality of care among patients with cardiovascular disease in line with the quality indicator targets in the new contract for general practitioners (GPs) in the UK...
- Socioeconomic variation in colon cancer tumour factors associated with poorer prognosisG Lyratzopoulos
Evidence for Population Health Unit, University of Manchester, UK
Br J Cancer 89:828-30. 2003..Tumour factors therefore appear unlikely to account for socioeconomic gradients in survival...
- Prognosis for South Asian and white patients with heart failure in the United Kingdom: deprivation gradient in mortality should not be dismissed as artefactualG Lyratzopoulos
BMJ 327:1406; author reply 1406. 2003
- Survival among hospital in-patients with troponin T elevation below levels defining myocardial infarctionG Cook
Consultant in Public Health Medicine, The Willows, Stepping Hill Hospital, Stockport NHS Trust, Poplar Grove, Stockport SK2 7JE, UK
QJM 98:275-82. 2005..Uncertainty remains about the significance and interpretation of elevated cTnT below the cut-off levels defining myocardial infarction (0.1 microg/l)...