Clive J Hoggart
Affiliation: London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Skin pigmentation, biogeographical ancestry and admixture mappingMark D Shriver
Department of Anthropology, Penn State University, 409 Carpenter Bld, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Hum Genet 112:387-99. 2003..The implications and applications of ancestry estimates in biomedical research are discussed...
- Control of confounding of genetic associations in stratified populationsClive J Hoggart
Epidemiology Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Umited Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 72:1492-1504. 2003..With only 32 markers informative for ancestry, the efficiency of the analysis is 70%. These methods can deal with both confounding and selection bias in genetic-association studies, making family-based designs unnecessary...
- Design and analysis of admixture mapping studiesC J Hoggart
Noncommunicable Disease Epidemiology Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London WC1E 7HT, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 74:965-78. 2004....
- Genome-wide significance for dense SNP and resequencing dataClive J Hoggart
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Imperial College London, Norfolk Place, London, UK
Genet Epidemiol 32:179-85. 2008..We compare our results for sequence data to those derived by the HapMap Consortium and find notable differences which may be due to the small sample sizes used in the HapMap estimate...
- Simultaneous analysis of all SNPs in genome-wide and re-sequencing association studiesClive J Hoggart
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 4:e1000130. 2008....
- Assessing the relative ages of admixture in the bovine hybrid zones of Africa and the Near East using X chromosome haplotype mosaicismAbigail R Freeman
Smurfit Institute of Genetics, Trinity Colege, Dublin, Ireland
Genetics 173:1503-10. 2006....
- Sequence-level population simulations over large genomic regionsClive J Hoggart
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Imperial College, London W2 1PG, United Kingdom
Genetics 177:1725-31. 2007....
- Fregene: simulation of realistic sequence-level data in populations and ascertained samplesMarc Chadeau-Hyam
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Imperial College, St Mary s Campus, Norfolk Place, London, W2 1PG, UK
BMC Bioinformatics 9:364. 2008..We describe here main functionalities of both FREGENE and SAMPLE, a companion program that can replicate association study datasets...