Affiliation: London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- DNA methylation potential: dietary intake and blood concentrations of one-carbon metabolites and cofactors in rural African womenPaula Dominguez-Salas
Medical Research Council MRC International Nutrition Group, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 97:1217-27. 2013..In humans, altered DNA methylation patterns have been observed in offspring whose mothers were exposed to famine or who conceived in the Gambian rainy season...
- Maternal nutritional status, C(1) metabolism and offspring DNA methylation: a review of current evidence in human subjectsPaula Dominguez-Salas
MRC International Nutrition Group, EPH NPHIR, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Proc Nutr Soc 71:154-65. 2012..This may affect gene expression in the offspring. Further research is needed to examine the real impact of maternal nutrient availability on DNA methylation in the developing fetus...
- Evidence for negative selection of gene variants that increase dependence on dietary choline in a Gambian cohortMatt J Silver
Medical Research Council International Nutrition Group, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom Medical Research Council Unit, Banjul, The Gambia Nutrition Research Institute, North Carolina Research Campus, Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA Department of Nutrition, Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA University College London Genetics Institute, University College London, United Kingdom Toxicology Services, Incorporated, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA and Maternal and Child Nutrition Group, Medical Research Council Human Nutrition Research, Cambridge, United Kingdom
FASEB J 29:3426-35. 2015..Our findings suggest that adequate intake levels of choline may have to be reevaluated in different ethnic groups and highlight a possible approach for identifying novel functional SNPs under the influence of dietary selective pressure...
- Independent genomewide screens identify the tumor suppressor VTRNA2-1 as a human epiallele responsive to periconceptional environmentMatt J Silver
MRC International Nutrition Group at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London, WC1E 7HT, UK
Genome Biol 16:118. 2015..We employ two independent genome-wide approaches to search for such variants...
- Haptoglobin, alpha-thalassaemia and glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase polymorphisms and risk of abnormal transcranial Doppler among patients with sickle cell anaemia in TanzaniaSharon E Cox
MRC International Nutrition Group, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK Muhimbili Wellcome Programme, Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Br J Haematol 165:699-706. 2014....
- Maternal nutrition at conception modulates DNA methylation of human metastable epiallelesPaula Dominguez-Salas
MRC International Nutrition Group at MRC Keneba, The Gambia and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, EPH, LSHTM, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Nat Commun 5:3746. 2014..Our results demonstrate that maternal nutritional status during early pregnancy causes persistent and systemic epigenetic changes at human metastable epialleles. ..