John Paul Leach
- When the antiepileptic drugs are not workingJohn Paul Leach
Southern General and Western Infirmary Glasgow, Institute of Neurology, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, UK
Pract Neurol 9:27-32. 2009..For those patients who do not fully respond to any medication, the challenges are to provide maximum benefit with minimum adverse effects, reducing risk to life, and risk to quality of life...
- Modern management of epilepsyJ P Leach
Institute of Neuroscience, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow
Clin Med 13:84-6. 2013..Both primary and secondary care have an important role to play in easing diagnosis of new cases and highlighting cases where improvement in control are needed...
- Alcohol and drugs in epilepsy: pathophysiology, presentation, possibilities, and preventionJohn Paul Leach
Institute of Neurology, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Epilepsia 53:48-57. 2012..This article highlights the pathophysiology behind provoked seizures, provides clues to diagnosis, and then outlines the steps that clinicians should take to reduce the deleterious effects of toxic compounds...
- SUDEP discussions with patients and familiesJohn Paul Leach
Southern General Hospital, Institute for Neurology, Glasgow G514TF, UK
Pract Neurol 12:103-6. 2012..I think it is unreasonable to insist on not changing our practice. Emphasising and promoting measures that increase safety and reduce risk can only be to patients’ benefit, no matter the terminology used...
- Response to drug treatment in newly diagnosed epilepsy: a pilot study of (1)H NMR- and MS-based metabonomic analysisMuhammed Al Zweiri
Strathclyde Institute for Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
Epilepsy Res 88:189-95. 2010....