- Recommendations for managing Aspergillus osteomyelitis and joint infections based on a review of the literatureAndrew Kirby
Department of Microbiology, Clinical Sciences Building, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
J Infect 52:405-14. 2006..To produce recommendations for the management of Aspergillus osteomyelitis and joint infections...
- Correlations between Income inequality and antimicrobial resistanceAndrew Kirby
Department of Microbiology, Leeds Teaching Hospitals National Health Service Trust, Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e73115. 2013..This study's hypothesis is that income inequality at the national level is positively correlated with antimicrobial resistance within developed countries...
- Norovirus diagnostics: options, applications and interpretationsAndrew Kirby
Department of Clinical Infection, Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Infection and Global Health, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 10:423-33. 2012....
- The diagnosis of hepatosplenic candidiasis by DNA analysis of tissue biopsy and serumA Kirby
Department of Medical Microbiology, Clinical Sciences Building, Manchester Royal Infirmary, UK
J Clin Pathol 57:764-5. 2004..Candida species can be identified, which helps guide antifungal chemotherapy, an important aspect in this difficult to treat infection...
- Unusual norovirus and rotavirus genotypes in EthiopiaMohammed A Yassin
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Liverpool, UK
Paediatr Int Child Health 32:51-5. 2012..Gastro-enteritis is associated with significant mortality in low- and middle-income countries, and rotavirus and norovirus are the principal viral agents implicated...
- Rotavirus and norovirus infections in children in Sana'a, YemenAndrew Kirby
Department of Clinical Infection, Institute of Infection and Global Health, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Trop Med Int Health 16:680-4. 2011..To describe the epidemiology of rotavirus and norovirus infection among children with acute gastroenteritis in Sana'a, Yemen...
- Detection of norovirus in mouthwash samples from patients with acute gastroenteritisAndrew Kirby
School of Infection and Host Defence, University of Liverpool, 8th Floor Duncan Building, Daulby Street, Liverpool L69 3GA, UK
J Clin Virol 48:285-7. 2010..The oral cavity is therefore likely to become contaminated with norovirus during episodes of gastroenteritis...
- An evaluation of the RIDASCREEN and IDEIA enzyme immunoassays and the RIDAQUICK immunochromatographic test for the detection of norovirus in faecal specimensAndrew Kirby
Division of Medical Microbiology, School of Infection and Host Defence, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
J Clin Virol 49:254-7. 2010....
- In vivo development of heterogeneous glycopeptide-intermediate Staphylococcus aureus (hGISA), GISA and daptomycin resistance in a patient with meticillin-resistant S. aureus endocarditisAndrew Kirby
Department of Medical Microbiology, Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospital Trust, Liverpool, Merseyside L7 8XP, UK
J Med Microbiol 58:376-80. 2009..We suggest that the clinician managing MRSA infection should anticipate daptomycin resistance when reduced glycopeptide susceptibility is detected...
- Improved detection of global copy number variation using high density, non-polymorphic oligonucleotide probesFan Shen
Affymetrix, Inc, 3420 Central Expressway Santa Clara, CA 95051, USA
BMC Genet 9:27. 2008....
- Integrated detection and population-genetic analysis of SNPs and copy number variationSteven A McCarroll
Program in Medical and Population Genetics and Genetic Analysis Platform, The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Nat Genet 40:1166-74. 2008..Most common, diallelic CNPs were in strong linkage disequilibrium with SNPs, and most low-frequency CNVs segregated on specific SNP haplotypes...
- Histocompatible embryonic stem cells by parthenogenesisKitai Kim
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital Boston and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 315:482-6. 2007..Differentiated tissues from these pES cells engrafted in immunocompetent MHC-matched mouse recipients, demonstrating that selected pES cells can serve as a source of histocompatible tissues for transplantation...