Affiliation: Kingston University
- Therapeutic application of monoclonal antibodies in cancer: advances and challengesHelmout Modjtahedi
School of Life Sciences, Kingston University London, Penrhyn Road, Kingston KT12EE, UK
Br Med Bull 104:41-59. 2012..Monoclonal antibody (mAb)-based products are highly specific for a particular antigen. This characteristic feature of the molecules makes them an ideal tool for many applications including cancer diagnosis and therapy...
- Treatment with a combination of the ErbB (HER) family blocker afatinib and the IGF-IR inhibitor, NVP-AEW541 induces synergistic growth inhibition of human pancreatic cancer cellsNikolaos Ioannou
School of Life Sciences, Kingston University London, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2EE, UK
BMC Cancer 13:41. 2013..In this study, we investigated the effect of simultaneous targeting of IGF-IR and HER (erbB) family, with NVP-AEW541 and afatinib, on proliferation of pancreatic cancer cells...
- Acquired resistance of pancreatic cancer cells to treatment with gemcitabine and HER-inhibitors is accompanied by increased sensitivity to STAT3 inhibitionNikolaos Ioannou
School of Life Science, Pharmacy and Chemistry, Kingston University London, Kingston, UK
Int J Oncol 48:908-18. 2016....
- Prognostic significance and targeting of HER family in colorectal cancerSaid Abdullah Khelwatty
School of Life Sciences, Kingston University London, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2EE, United Kingdom
Front Biosci (Landmark Ed) 18:394-421. 2013..g. dual and pan HER TKIs, monospecific or bispecific antibodies) in combination with other therapeutic interventions...
- Co-expression of HER family members in patients with Dukes' C and D colon cancer and their impacts on patient prognosis and survivalSaid Abdullah Khelwatty
School of Life Sciences, Kingston University London, Kingston, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 9:e91139. 2014....
- Acquired resistance to anti-EGFR mAb ICR62 in cancer cells is accompanied by an increased EGFR expression, HER-2/HER-3 signalling and sensitivity to pan HER blockersSaid A Khelwatty
School of Life Science, Kingston University London, London, UK
Br J Cancer 113:1010-9. 2015..However, a major clinical challenge is a short-term response owing to development of acquired resistance during the course of the treatment...
- Growth response of human colorectal tumour cell lines to treatment with afatinib (BIBW2992), an irreversible erbB family blocker, and its association with expression of HER family membersSaid Abdullah Khelwatty
School of Life Sciences, Kingston University London, Kingston, Surrey, UK
Int J Oncol 39:483-91. 2011..This approach could lead to the identification of a specific subpopulation of cancer patients more likely to benefit from erbB-directed therapy...
- Expression pattern and targeting of HER family members and IGF-IR in pancreatic cancerNikolaos Ioannou
School of Life Sciences, Kingston University London, Kingston, UK
Front Biosci (Landmark Ed) 17:2698-724. 2012..Such strategies could ultimately help to overcome the development of drug resistance and improve the overall survival rates for patients with pancreatic cancer...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors in cancer treatment: advances, challenges and opportunitiesHelmout Modjtahedi
School of Life Sciences, Faculty of Science, Kingston University London, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2EE, UK
Anticancer Drugs 20:851-5. 2009....