Affiliation: King's College London
- Evidence for mannosidase activities in Streptococcus oralis when grown on glycoproteins as carbohydrate sourceE Tarelli
Joint Microbiology Research Unit, King s College School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Carbohydr Res 312:159-64. 1998..The selective utilisation of Man5 is explained by the absence of an alpha-(1-->2) mannosidase which is required to initiate breakdown of the glycan chains present in the other glycoforms which are components of the glycoprotein...
- Detecting mannosidase activities using ribonuclease B and matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization-time of flight mass spectrometryE Tarelli
Joint Microbiology Research Unit, Guy s, King s and St Thomas s Dental Institute, Caldecot Road, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RW, United Kingdom
Anal Biochem 282:165-72. 2000....
- Production of an endo-beta-N-acetylglucosaminidase activity mediates growth of Enterococcus faecalis on a high-mannose-type glycoproteinG Roberts
Joint Microbiology Research Unit, Guy s, King s and St Thomas Dental Institute, Kings College London, London SE5 9RW, United Kingdom
J Bacteriol 182:882-90. 2000..faecalis may play a role in the survival and persistence of this nosocomial pathogen in vivo...
- Mannosidase production by viridans group streptococciK A Homer
Department of Oral Microbiology, GKT Dental Institute, King s College London, Caldecot Rd, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RW, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 39:995-1001. 2001..intermedius species. The data generated using a native glycoprotein as the substrate demonstrate that mannosidase production within the viridans group streptococci is more widely distributed than had previously been considered...
- Isolation and characterisation of sialidase from a strain of Streptococcus oralisH L Byers
Joint Microbiology Research Unit, GKT Dental Institute, London
J Med Microbiol 49:235-44. 2000....
- An open-label dosing study to evaluate the safety and effects of a dietary plant-derived polysaccharide supplement on the N-glycosylation status of serum glycoproteins in healthy subjectsA Alavi
The Sir Joseph Hotung Centre for Musculoskeletal Disorders, Division of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, St George s University of London, London, UK
Eur J Clin Nutr 65:648-56. 2011....
- Direct preparation of cyclodextrin monophosphatesE Tarelli
Joint Microbiology Research Unit, Kings College School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Carbohydr Res 302:27-34. 1997..The products are characterised by enzymatic, mass, and NMR spectroscopic analysis. The methodology provides a route to these derivatives by a single reaction...
- Intra-oral acid production associated with eating whole or pulped raw fruitsD Beighton
Department of Microbiology, Guy s King s and St Thomas Dental Institute, London, UK
Caries Res 38:341-9. 2004..In light of these findings it seems unwise to assume that fruits may be consumed without consideration of their acidogenic potential...
- Dental caries, oral hygiene, and oral clearance in children with craniofacial disordersM Ahluwalia
Dental Caries Research Group, Guy s, King s and St Thomas Dental Institute, Caldecot Road, Denmark Hill, London, England SE5 9RW
J Dent Res 83:175-9. 2004..The longer oral clearance times of foods and the consequent generation of fermentable sugars from starches may contribute to the higher caries prevalence observed in children with cleft palates...