Affiliation: King's College London
- Local IgE synthesis in allergic rhinitis and asthmaLyn Smurthwaite
The Randall Centre for Molecular Mechanisms of Cell Function, King s College London, Guy s Campus, St Thomas Street, SE1 9RT, UK
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 2:231-8. 2002....
- The biology of IGE and the basis of allergic diseaseHannah J Gould
The Randall Centre, King s College London, United Kingdom
Annu Rev Immunol 21:579-628. 2003..Effective mechanisms ensure that allergic reactions are confined to mucosal tissues, thereby minimizing the risk of systemic anaphylaxis...
- Class switch recombination to IgE in the bronchial mucosa of atopic and nonatopic patients with asthmaPooja Takhar
Randall Division of Cell and Molecular Biophysics, King s College London, UK
J Allergy Clin Immunol 119:213-8. 2007..It is generally believed that class switch recombination occurs in lymphoid tissue, but it was recently shown that class switching to IgE occurs in the nasal mucosa in allergic rhinitis...
- Increases in allergen-specific IgE in BAL after segmental allergen challenge in atopic asthmaticsDuncan R Wilson
Upper Respiratory Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine at the National Heart and Lung Institute, London, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 165:22-6. 2002..These data indicate that allergen provocation results in a selective local accumulation of isotype-specific and allergen-specific IgE antibody within the bronchi, independent of alterations in circulating IgE...
- Allergen drives class switching to IgE in the nasal mucosa in allergic rhinitisPooja Takhar
The Randall Division, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 174:5024-32. 2005..These results demonstrate that allergen stimulates local CSR to IgE, revealing a potential target for topical therapies in allergic rhinitis...