Affiliation: King's College London
- A general approach for combining voxel-based meta-analyses conducted in different neuroimaging modalitiesJ Radua
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
Curr Med Chem 20:462-6. 2013..We hope that with this advanced imaging tool, researchers will be able to provide more complete multimodal pictures of the brain regions affected in different neuropsychiatric disorders...
- Common and specific brain responses to scenic emotional stimuliJoaquim Radua
FIDMAG Research Unit, Benito Menni CASM, Carrer d Antoni Pujadas 38, Sant Boi de Llobregat, 08830, Barcelona, Spain
Brain Struct Funct 219:1463-72. 2014....
- Validity of modulation and optimal settings for advanced voxel-based morphometryJoaquim Radua
FIDMAG Research Unit, Barcelona, Spain Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental CIBERSAM, Spain Electronic address
Neuroimage 86:81-90. 2014..Findings from this study suggest the use of unmodulated VBM to detect mesoscopic abnormalities such as cortical thinning. ..
- Incomplete staging surgery as a major predictor of relapse of borderline ovarian tumorMargarita Romeo
Medical Oncology Department, Institut Català d Oncologia Badalona, Carretera de Canyet s n 08916, Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
World J Surg Oncol 11:13. 2013..The aim of this study was to assess potential relapse risk factors using standard surgical definitions and long follow-up...
- Why are psychiatric imaging methods clinically unreliable? Conclusions and practical guidelines for authors, editors and reviewersStefan Borgwardt
Department of Psychiatry, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Behav Brain Funct 8:46. 2012..We provide guidelines to authors, editors and reviewers in the implementation/evaluation of neuroimaging studies to bend neuroimaging to be more than basic neuroscience...
- Meta-analytic methods for neuroimaging data explainedJoaquim Radua
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, London, UK
Biol Mood Anxiety Disord 2:6. 2012....
- Neural response to specific components of fearful faces in healthy and schizophrenic adultsJoaquim Radua
King s College London Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
Neuroimage 49:939-46. 2010..PCA-based analysis could be useful in isolating brain response to salient facial features in psychiatric populations...
- Meta-analysis of functional magnetic resonance imaging studies of inhibition and attention in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: exploring task-specific, stimulant medication, and age effectsHeledd Hart
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, England
JAMA Psychiatry 70:185-98. 2013..Furthermore, preliminary evidence suggests that long-term stimulant medication use may be associated with more normal activation in right caudate during the attention domain...
- Midline Brain Abnormalities Across Psychotic and Mood DisordersRamón Landín-Romero
FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries Research Foundation, Barcelona, Spain CIBERSAM, Madrid, Spain
Schizophr Bull 42:229-38. 2016..This study supports a general increased prevalence of midline brain abnormalities across mood and psychotic disorders. This nonspecificity may suggest that these disorders share a common neurodevelopmental etiology. ..
- Structural and functional brain changes in delusional disorderVíctor Viçens
Victor Vicens, MD, FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries, CIBERSAM, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Spain, Benito Menni CASM, Barcelona, Spain and Psychiatry and Mental Health Program, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Joaquim Radua, MD, BStat, PhD, FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries, CIBERSAM, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Spain and Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK Raymond Salvador, BStat, PhD, Maria Anguera Camós, Bsc, Erick J Canales Rodríguez, Bsc, Salvador Sarró, MD, FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries, CIBERSAM, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Spain Teresa Maristany, MD, Hospital Sant Joan de Déu Infantil, Barcelona, Spain Peter J McKenna
Br J Psychiatry 208:153-9. 2016..A role for the former region in the pathogenesis of delusions is consistent with several other lines of evidence. ..
- Functional similarity of facial emotion processing between people with a first episode of psychosis and healthy subjectsVictoria Villalta-Gil
Parc Sanitari Sant Joan de Deu, Fundació Sant Joan de Déu, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red CIBERSAM, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Schizophr Res 149:35-41. 2013..The present work focuses on assessing FEmoP in people experiencing a psychotic episode for the first time with different experimental paradigm approaches...
- Statistical analysis of brain tissue images in the wavelet domain: wavelet-based morphometryErick Jorge Canales-Rodríguez
FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries, C Dr Antoni Pujadas, 38, 08830, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Neuroimage 72:214-26. 2013..Results support the proposed approach as a different and promising methodology to assess the structural morphometric differences between different populations of subjects...
- Prevalence of cavum vergae in psychosis and mood spectrum disordersRamón Landín-Romero
FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries Research Foundation, Barcelona, Spain CIBERSAM, Madrid, Spain
J Affect Disord 186:53-7. 2015..Midline brain abnormalities might increase susceptibility to both first-episode and chronic mental disorder. Evidence of cavum vergae (CV) abnormality in mental disorders is scarce...
- Trait or state? A longitudinal neuropsychological evaluation and fMRI study in schizoaffective disorderMercè Madre
FIDMAG Research Foundation Germanes Hospitalàries Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Departament de Psiquiatria i Medicina Legal, Doctorat de Psiquiatria i, Psicologia Clinica, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Division of Psychiatry, University College of London, London, UK
Schizophr Res 159:458-64. 2014..Medial frontal failure of de-activation in remitted schizoaffective patients, which probably reflects default mode network dysfunction, appears to be a state independent feature of the illness...
- COMT Val158Met × SLC6A4 5-HTTLPR interaction impacts on gray matter volume of regions supporting emotion processingJoaquim Radua
Department of Psychosis Studies, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK, Department of Neuroimaging Research, FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries, CIBERSAM, Barcelona, Spain, Inserm U930 ERL, Universite Francois Rabelais, Tours, France, Departement de Psychiatrie, CHU Angers, LPPL EA4638, Université Angers, Angers, France, MRC Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK, Department of Psychiatry, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, Department of Psychological Medicine, Cardiff University School of Medicine, Cardiff, UK, and Social and Affective Neuroscience Lab, Ilia State University, Tbilisi, GeorgiaDepartment of Psychosis Studies, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK, Department of Neuroimaging Research, FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries, CIBERSAM, Barcelona
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 9:1232-8. 2014..The interaction of COMT Val(158)Met and SLC6A4 5-HTTLPR adds to the understanding of individual differences in emotion processing. ..
- Meta-analysis of fMRI studies of timing in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)Heledd Hart
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 36:2248-56. 2012....
- Voxel-wise meta-analysis of grey matter changes in obsessive-compulsive disorderJoaquim Radua
Division of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, PO 69, King s College London, London SE5 8AF
Br J Psychiatry 195:393-402. 2009..Specific cortico-striato-thalamic circuits are hypothesised to mediate the symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), but structural neuroimaging studies have been inconsistent...
- Spherical Deconvolution of Multichannel Diffusion MRI Data with Non-Gaussian Noise Models and Spatial RegularizationErick J Canales-Rodríguez
FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries, C Dr Antoni Pujadas, 38, 08830, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental, CIBERSAM, C Dr Esquerdo, 46, 28007, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 10:e0138910. 2015..The inclusion of TV regularization dramatically improved the resolution power of both techniques. The above findings were also verified in human brain data. ..
- Ventral Striatal Activation During Reward Processing in Psychosis: A Neurofunctional Meta-AnalysisJoaquim Radua
Department of Psychosis Studies, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, King s College London, London, England2Fundación para la Investigación y Docencia Maria Angustias Giménez Germanes Hospitalàries, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en R
JAMA Psychiatry 72:1243-51. 2015....
- Multimodal voxel-based meta-analysis of white matter abnormalities in obsessive-compulsive disorderJoaquim Radua
1 Department of Psychosis Studies, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK 2 Research Unit, FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries CIBERSAM, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Neuropsychopharmacology 39:1547-57. 2014..Therefore, patients with OCD may have widespread WM abnormalities, particularly evident in anterior midline tracts, although these changes might be, at least in part, attributable to the effects of therapeutic drugs. ..
- Depression is associated with increased sensitivity to signals of disgust: a functional magnetic resonance imaging studySimon A Surguladze
Department of Psychosis, King s College London Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF, UK
J Psychiatr Res 44:894-902. 2010..Enhanced activation to facial expressions of disgust may reflect an emotion processing bias that suggests high relevance of emotion of disgust to depression...
- Neurofunctional maps of the 'maternal brain' and the effects of oxytocin: a multimodal voxel-based meta-analysisMatteo Rocchetti
Department of Psychosis Studies, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK Department of Brain and Behavioral Sciences, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 68:733-51. 2014....
- Effects of stimulants on brain function in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a systematic review and meta-analysisKatya Rubia
Departments of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry KR, AAA, AIC, AS and Neuroimaging MJB, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, United Kingdom Electronic address
Biol Psychiatry 76:616-28. 2014..In addition, we conducted a systematic review and meta-analysis of the fMRI findings of acute stimulant effects on ADHD brain function...
- Evidence of reporting biases in voxel-based morphometry (VBM) studies of psychiatric and neurological disordersPaolo Fusar-Poli
Department of Psychosis Studies, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, United Kingdom OASIS team, South London and the Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, London, United Kingdom
Hum Brain Mapp 35:3052-65. 2014..To evaluate whether biases may influence the findings of whole-brain structural imaging literature...
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy in subsyndromal bipolar patients with a history of traumatic events: a randomized, controlled pilot-studyPatricia Novo
FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries Research Foundation, Barcelona, Spain Departament de Psiquiatria i Medicina Legal, Doctorat de Psiquiatria i Psicología Clínica, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Psychiatry Res 219:122-8. 2014..This pilot study suggests that Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy may be an effective and safe intervention to treat subsyndromal mood and trauma symptoms in traumatized bipolar patients. ..
- Neuroanatomical maps of psychosis onset: voxel-wise meta-analysis of antipsychotic-naive VBM studiesPaolo Fusar-Poli
Psychosis Clinical Academic Group, Department of Psychosis Studies, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, 16 De Crespigny Park, London SE58AF, UK
Schizophr Bull 38:1297-307. 2012..Available structural imaging literature in the field is undermined by several methodological caveats and a number of confounders such as exposure to antipsychotic treatment...
- Meta-analysis of gray matter abnormalities in autism spectrum disorder: should Asperger disorder be subsumed under a broader umbrella of autistic spectrum disorder?Esther Via
Department of Psychosis Studies, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, England
Arch Gen Psychiatry 68:409-18. 2011..It is unclear whether the current subtyping of ASD into autistic disorder and Asperger disorder is neurobiologically valid...
- Gray matter volume abnormalities in ADHD: voxel-based meta-analysis exploring the effects of age and stimulant medicationTomohiro Nakao
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
Am J Psychiatry 168:1154-63. 2011..The authors conducted a meta-analysis of voxel-based morphometry studies in children and adults with ADHD and examined the potential effects of age and stimulant medication on regional gray matter volumes...
- Meta-analytical comparison of voxel-based morphometry studies in obsessive-compulsive disorder vs other anxiety disordersJoaquim Radua
Department of Psychological, Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London SE5 8AF, England
Arch Gen Psychiatry 67:701-11. 2010..Whether obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is adequately classified as an anxiety disorder is a matter of considerable debate...