Affiliation: King's College London
- Mentalizing language development in a longitudinal attachment sample: implications for alexithymiaErwin Lemche
Department of Psychotherapy and Psychosomatic Medicine, Dresden University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
Psychother Psychosom 73:366-74. 2004..The present study investigated the use of mentalizing language, i.e. the utterance of internal states, from a developmental perspective according to attachment organization and disorganization...
- Human attachment security is mediated by the amygdala: evidence from combined fMRI and psychophysiological measuresErwin Lemche
Division of Psychological Medicine, Section of Neuroscience and Emotion, Institute of Psychiatry, London, United Kingdom
Hum Brain Mapp 27:623-35. 2006..We thereby demonstrate a key role of the amygdala in mediating autonomic activity associated with human attachment insecurity...
- Limbic and prefrontal responses to facial emotion expressions in depersonalizationErwin Lemche
Section of Neuroscience and Emotion, Brain Image Analysis Unit, Neuroimaging Research Group, Centre for Neuroimaging Sciences, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
Neuroreport 18:473-7. 2007....
- Cerebral and autonomic responses to emotional facial expressions in depersonalisation disorderErwin Lemche
Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF, UK
Br J Psychiatry 193:222-8. 2008..Depersonalisation disorder is characterised by emotion suppression, but the cerebral mechanisms of this symptom are not yet fully understood...
- Interoceptive-reflective regions differentiate alexithymia traits in depersonalization disorderErwin Lemche
Section of Cognitive Neuropsychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF, UK
Psychiatry Res 214:66-72. 2013..The presented analyses provide evidence that alexithymia plays a substantial role in emotional dysregulation in DPD, presumably based on restrictions in interoception...
- Cognitive load and autonomic response patterns under negative priming demand in depersonalization-derealization disorderErwin Lemche
Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, King s College School of Medicine and Dentistry, Department of Psychosis Studies, Section of Cognitive Neuropsychiatry, Box PO69, Office 7 05, Basket 32, De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF, UK
Eur J Neurosci 43:971-8. 2016..Overall, the results of the present study show only minor executive cognitive peculiarities, but further support the notion of abnormalities in autonomic functioning in patients with DPRD. ..
- Somatization severity associated with postero-medial complex structuresErwin Lemche
Section of Cognitive Neuropsychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College Medical School, London SE5 8AF, United Kingdom
Sci Rep 3:1032. 2013....
- Dissociable brain correlates for depression, anxiety, dissociation, and somatization in depersonalization-derealization disorderErwin Lemche
1Section of Cognitive Neuropsychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
CNS Spectr 21:35-42. 2016..The cerebral mechanisms of traits associated with depersonalization-derealization disorder (DPRD) remain poorly understood...
- Predictors of early person reference development: maternal language input, attachment and neurodevelopmental markersErwin Lemche
Institute of Psychiatry, London, United Kingdom The University of Constance, Konstanz, Germany Electronic address
Infant Behav Dev 36:575-82. 2013..The results of this investigation indicate that mother-reference, self-reference and thing-reference develop in similar quantities measured from the 17-month time point, but are dependent of attachment quality. ..
- Impact of familiarity upon children's developing facial expression recognitionCatherine M Herba
Department of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, KCL, London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 49:201-10. 2008..We examined the impact of personal familiarity upon developing facial expression recognition (FER)...
- [Emotion regulatory processes in evoked play narratives]Erwin Lemche
Klinik und Poliklinik für Psychotherapie und Psychosomatik, Medizinischen Fakultät Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat Dresden
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 52:156-71. 2003....