Paul A Keedwell
Affiliation: King's College London
- A double dissociation of ventromedial prefrontal cortical responses to sad and happy stimuli in depressed and healthy individualsPaul A Keedwell
Department of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, London, England
Biol Psychiatry 58:495-503. 2005..We wished to corroborate these results by examining neural responses to personally relevant happy and sad stimuli in MDD and healthy individuals within the same paradigm...
- The neural correlates of anhedonia in major depressive disorderPaul A Keedwell
Section of Neuroscience and Emotion, Department of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, DeCrespigny Park, London, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 58:843-53. 2005....
- Neural markers of symptomatic improvement during antidepressant therapy in severe depression: subgenual cingulate and visual cortical responses to sad, but not happy, facial stimuli are correlated with changes in symptom scoreP Keedwell
Cardiff University, Psychological Medicine, Cardiff, UK
J Psychopharmacol 23:775-88. 2009..There are contrasting cortical and subcortical responses to sad and happy stimuli in severe depression. Responses to sad stimuli show the strongest correlates of clinical improvement, particularly in the subgenual cingulate...
- Subgenual cingulate and visual cortex responses to sad faces predict clinical outcome during antidepressant treatment for depressionPaul A Keedwell
Department of Psychological Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, UK
J Affect Disord 120:120-5. 2010..We hypothesized that greater responses in these areas to sad stimuli, but not happy stimuli, would predict better subsequent clinical outcome. We also explored areas that would predict a poor outcome...
- Marked reductions in visual evoked responses but not γ-aminobutyric acid concentrations or γ-band measures in remitted depressionAlexander Shaw
Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, MRC Centre for Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics, Henry Wellcome Building, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 73:691-8. 2013..In this study we investigated whether γ oscillations and GABA concentrations would differ in individuals with remitted depression (RD) compared with never depressed control subjects (ND)...
- Cingulum white matter in young women at risk of depression: the effect of family history and anhedoniaPaul A Keedwell
Institute of Psychological Medicine and Clinical Neurosciences, School of Psychology, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 72:296-302. 2012....
- Subgenual Cingulum Microstructure Supports Control of Emotional ConflictPaul A Keedwell
MRC Centre for Psychiatric Genetics and Genomics Neuroscience and Mental Health Research Institute Centre for Affective Disorders, Institute of Psychiatry, London SE5 8AF, UK
Cereb Cortex 26:2850-62. 2016..01). Higher FA was associated with reduced interference, irrespective of a diagnosis of MDD, suggesting that subgenual CB microstructure is functionally relevant for regulating attentional bias toward negative interpersonal stimuli. ..