Affiliation: King's College London
- Where people die (1974--2030): past trends, future projections and implications for careBarbara Gomes
Cicely Saunders International Department of Palliative Care, Policy and Rehabilitation, King s College London, London, UK
Palliat Med 22:33-41. 2008..We analysed past trends in place of death (1974-2003) and projected likely trends to 2030 in England and Wales and from these need for care...
- Optimal approaches to the health economics of palliative care: report of an international think tankBarbara Gomes
King s College London Cicely Saunders International, London, United Kingdom
J Pain Symptom Manage 38:4-10. 2009....
- Factors influencing death at home in terminally ill patients with cancer: systematic reviewBarbara Gomes
The Cicely Saunders Foundation Department of Palliative Care, Policy, and Rehabilitation, King s College London, London SE5 9RJ
BMJ 332:515-21. 2006..To determine the relative influence of different factors on place of death in patients with cancer...
- Research priorities in health economics and funding for palliative care: views of an international think tankRichard Harding
Department of Palliative Care, Policy and Rehabilitation, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
J Pain Symptom Manage 38:11-4. 2009..Recommendations for study included international comparative research into the components of care and settings, evaluative studies, methodologic development and strategies to initiate studies, and make better use of data...
- Variations in the quality and costs of end-of-life care, preferences and palliative outcomes for cancer patients by place of death: the QUALYCARE studyBarbara Gomes
Department of Palliative Care, King s College London, Cicely Saunders Institute, Bessemer Road, London SE5 9PJ, UK
BMC Cancer 10:400. 2010..The QUALYCARE study aims to examine variations in the quality and costs of end-of-life care, preferences and palliative outcomes associated with dying at home or in an institution for cancer patients...
- First international symposium on places of death: an agenda for the 21st centuryEmmanuel Kabengele Mpinga
AGES, Health and Society Department, Institut Universtaire Kurt Bosch Sion, and Social and Preventive Medicine Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Geneva University, Geneva, Switzerland
J Palliat Care 22:293-6. 2006
- Home or hospital? Choices at the end of lifeBarbara Gomes
J R Soc Med 97:413-4. 2004
- A comparison of symptom prevalence in far advanced cancer, AIDS, heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and renal diseaseJoao Paulo Solano
Division of Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Pain Symptom Manage 31:58-69. 2006..There appears to be a common pathway toward death for malignant and nonmalignant diseases. The designs of symptom prevalence studies need to be improved because of methodological disparities in symptom assessment and designs...