Affiliation: King's College London
- Improvement in vitamin D deficiency following antiretroviral regime change: Results from the MONET trialJulie Fox
Guys and St Thomas NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 27:29-34. 2011..Routine screening of HIV-positive patients for vitamin D should be considered and the optimal management further defined...
- Sexual transmission of HIV-1Julie Fox
Department of HIV, Faculty of Medicine, Harrison Unit, Lambeth Wing, Guys and St Thomas NHS Trust Kings College London, Westminster Bridge Road, London, UK
Antiviral Res 85:276-85. 2010..This article forms part of a special issue of Antiviral Research marking the 25th anniversary of antiretroviral drug discovery and development, Vol 85, issue 1, 2010...
- Quantifying sexual exposure to HIV within an HIV-serodiscordant relationship: development of an algorithmJulie Fox
Department of HIV, Faculty of Medicine, Guys and St Thomas NHS Trust Kings College London
AIDS 25:1065-82. 2011....
- Epidemiology of non-B clade forms of HIV-1 in men who have sex with men in the UKJulie Fox
Department of HIV, Guys and St Thomas NHS Trust Kings College London, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
AIDS 24:2397-401. 2010..To describe the frequency and risk factors of non-B HIV-1 subtypes in men who have sex with men (MSM) in the UK...
- Slower CD4 cell decline following cessation of a 3 month course of HAART in primary HIV infection: findings from an observational cohortSarah Fidler
Imperial College, St Mary s Hospital, London, UK
AIDS 21:1283-91. 2007..To investigate the effect of a short course of HAART during primary HIV infection (PHI) on rate of CD4 cell and viral load change...
- Prevalence of primary genotypic resistance in a UK centre: Comparison of primary HIV-1 and newly diagnosed treatment-naive individualsJulie Fox
St Mary s Hospital, London, UK
AIDS 21:237-9. 2007..Variations in the prevalence of TrDR-HIV-1 may reflect the heterogeneity of methodologies and definitions used for resistance...
- Infectious syphilis unmasking drug resistance in an individual with long-term virological suppression on antiretroviral therapyPhillip J Read
Department of Genitourinary Medicine and HIV, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, St Thomas Hospital, Lambeth Palace Road, London SE1 7EH, UK
Sex Transm Infect 86:276-7. 2010..This highlights how the acquisition of a sexually transmitted infection can have important ramifications for HIV suppression and potential HIV transmission to sexual partners...
- Comparative potency of three antiretroviral therapy regimes in primary HIV infectionSarah Fidler
Department of GUM and Communicable Diseases, Wright Fleming Institute, Jefferiss Trust Laboratories, London, UK
AIDS 20:247-52. 2006..To best achieve the most rapid reduction in primary viraemia we compared three different ART regimens in PHI...
- The Impact of HCV Infection Duration on HIV Disease Progression and Response to cART amongst HIV Seroconverters in the UKJamie Inshaw
MRC Clinical Trials Unit at University College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 10:e0132772. 2015..The effect of HCV infection on HIV disease progression remains unclear; the effect of HCV infection duration on HIV disease progression is unknown...
- The importance of viral blips and duration of therapy initiated in primary infection in maintaining viral control after stopping cARTSarah Fidler
Department of Genitourinary Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Imperial College, London, UK
J Int AIDS Soc 17:19820. 2014..This analysis aims to investigate the effect of cART duration and the rate of viral blips while on cART initiated in PHI, and other factors on maintaining viral control for those stopping cART...
- An overview of the relative risks of different sexual behaviours on HIV transmissionOlamide Dosekun
Guys and St Thomas NHS Trust, London, UK
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 5:291-7. 2010..0005-0.0026 per coital act. The risk of acquiring HIV from a single contact varies enormously and is dependant upon the infectiousness of the HIV-positive individual and the susceptibility to HIV of their sexual partner...
- An analysis of baseline data from the PROUD study: an open-label randomised trial of pre-exposure prophylaxisDavid I Dolling
MRC Clinical Trials Unit at UCL, Aviation House, 125 Kingsway, London, WC2B 6NH, UK
Trials 17:163. 2016..We present the baseline characteristics of the PROUD study population and place the findings in the context of national sexual health clinic data...
- Primary HIV infection: a medical and public health emergency requiring rapid specialist managementSarah Fidler
Imperial College London, London, UK
Clin Med (Lond) 16:180-3. 2016..This paper summarises the presentation and management of PHI, incorporating current research and guideline changes and discusses the role of PHI in onward transmission. ..
- Raltegravir-induced Drug Reaction with Eosinophilia and Systemic Symptoms (DRESS) syndrome - implications for clinical practice and patient safetyMelissa E O Perry
Department of Genito Urinary Medicine, Guys and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Int J STD AIDS 24:639-42. 2013..Clinicians should be aware of raltegravir-induced DRESS syndrome as well as the potential for drug-drug interactions due to protease inhibitor-based therapy...