Affiliation: King's College London
- A randomised controlled treatment trial of two forms of family therapy in adolescent anorexia nervosa: a five-year follow-upIvan Eisler
South London and Maudsley NHS Trust, London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 48:552-60. 2007..This study aimed to ascertain the long-term impact of two forms of outpatient family intervention previously evaluated in a randomised controlled trial (RCT)...
- Evaluation of a cognitive remediation therapy group for adolescents with anorexia nervosa: pilot studyNatalie Pretorius
Child and Adolescent Eating Disorders Service, Maudsley Hospital, London, UK
Eur Eat Disord Rev 20:321-5. 2012..Cognitive remediation therapy (CRT) has been used with adults with anorexia nervosa (AN) in individual and group formats; however, evaluation of CRT with adolescents in this population is very limited...
- An off-line pilot evaluation of a web-based systemic cognitive-behavioral intervention for carers of people with anorexia nervosaMiriam Grover
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, Eating Disorders Unit, London, UK
Int J Eat Disord 44:708-15. 2011..The intervention provides information and promotes skills development in managing the illness. Carers were also offered professional support...
- A randomized controlled trial of family therapy and cognitive behavior therapy guided self-care for adolescents with bulimia nervosa and related disordersUlrike Schmidt
Section of Eating Disorders, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
Am J Psychiatry 164:591-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to compare the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of family therapy and cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) guided self-care in adolescents with bulimia nervosa or eating disorder not otherwise specified...
- Do adolescents with eating disorder not otherwise specified or full-syndrome bulimia nervosa differ in clinical severity, comorbidity, risk factors, treatment outcome or cost?Ulrike Schmidt
Section of Eating Disorders, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College, London, United Kingdom
Int J Eat Disord 41:498-504. 2008..We wanted to know whether adolescents with eating disorder not otherwise specified (EDNOS) differ from those with bulimia nervosa (BN) in clinical features, comorbidity, risk factors, treatment outcome or cost...
- Diagnosing eating disorders in adolescents: a comparison of the eating disorder examination and the development and well-being assessmentJennifer House
Section of Family Therapy, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, University of London, London, United Kingdom
Int J Eat Disord 41:535-41. 2008..To compare the diagnostic properties of the Eating Disorder Examination (EDE) and the online version of the Development and Well-Being Assessment (DAWBA)...
- Risk factors, correlates, and markers in early-onset bulimia nervosa and EDNOSJemma Day
Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, London, United Kingdom
Int J Eat Disord 44:287-94. 2011..This study aimed to investigate the specific risk factors, correlates, and markers associated with the development of symptomatology of early-onset BN and subclinical BN...
- A pragmatic randomised multi-centre trial of multifamily and single family therapy for adolescent anorexia nervosaIvan Eisler
Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, King s College, London, London, UK
BMC Psychiatry 16:422. 2016..Multifamily therapy is a promising treatment that has attracted considerable interest and we report the results of the first randomised controlled trial of multifamily therapy for adolescent anorexia nervosa...
- Family Therapy for Child and Adolescent Eating Disorders: A Critical ReviewTom Jewell
Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, King s College London, London, UK
Fam Process 55:577-94. 2016..Such an understanding could lead to the refining of the therapy, and inform adaptations for those families who do not currently benefit from treatment. ..
- Impact of ASD Traits on Treatment Outcomes of Eating Disorders in GirlsCatherine S Stewart
National and Specialist Child and Adolescent Eating Disorder Service, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Eur Eat Disord Rev . 2017..Copyright © 2017 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd and Eating Disorders Association...
- Using the Autism-Spectrum Quotient to Measure Autistic Traits in Anorexia Nervosa: A Systematic Review and Meta-AnalysisHeather Westwood
Psychological Medicine, IoPPN, King s College London KCL, PO59, London, SE5 8AF, UK
J Autism Dev Disord 46:964-77. 2016..Studies using more robust clinical measures of ASD within AN are needed to confirm what self-report measures appear to show. ..
- Evaluation of multisystemic therapy pilot services in the Systemic Therapy for At Risk Teens (START) trial: study protocol for a randomised controlled trialPeter Fonagy
Research Department of Clinical, Educational and Health Psychology, University College London, London, UK
Trials 14:265. 2013..This paper describes the protocol for the Systemic Therapy for At Risk Teens (START) trial, a multicentre UK-wide randomised controlled trial of multisystemic therapy in antisocial adolescents at high risk of out-of-home placement...
- Testing a cognitive model of generalized anxiety disorder in the eating disordersAnna Konstantellou
Section of Family Therapy, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, London, UK
J Anxiety Disord 25:864-9. 2011..Participants with an eating disorder without GAD scored higher on all components compared to healthy controls. Findings extend our understanding of shared vulnerability factors between the eating disorders and GAD...
- Multi-Family Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa in AdolescenceCatherine Stewart
a South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Eat Disord 23:345-55. 2015..To these ends the program draws on the multi-family treatment for anorexia nervosa, cognitive behavioral therapy techniques, and dialectical behavior therapy. ..
- Family therapy for adolescent anorexia nervosaEsther Blessitt
The Maudsley Hospital, DeCrespigny Park, Off Denmark Hill, London, SE5 8AZ, UK
Curr Opin Psychiatry 28:455-60. 2015..This review aims to present findings and opinions from relevant articles published over the past 12 months, related to the treatment of adolescent anorexia, utilizing family therapy and multi-family therapy...
- Why do adolescents with bulimia nervosa choose not to involve their parents in treatment?Sarah Perkins
Eating Disorders Unit, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill, London, UK
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 14:376-85. 2005....
- Predictors of mental health problems and negative caregiving experiences in carers of adolescents with bulimia nervosaSuzanne Winn
Eating Disorders Unit, Institute of Psychiatry, London, United Kingdom
Int J Eat Disord 40:171-8. 2007....
- "You" and "I," "us " and them: a systemic-discursive approach to the study of ethnic stereotypes in the context of British-Greek heterosexual couple relationshipsEleftheria Tseliou
Fam Process 46:515-22. 2007..In this article, we will present our attempt to develop a systemic-discursive approach to the study of stereotypes in the particular context of British-Greek heterosexual couple relationships by building on both fields...