Affiliation: King's College London
- The management of screen-detected breast cancerMuneer Ahmed
Department of Research Oncology, King s College London, Guy s Hospital Campus, Great Maze Pond, London SE1 9RT, U K
Anticancer Res 34:1141-6. 2014..The current evidence for the role of surgery and adjuvant therapy for screen-detected breast cancer was reviewed in light of their improved prognosis, compared to symptomatic breast cancer. ..
- Sentinel node biopsy using a magnetic tracer versus standard technique: the SentiMAG Multicentre TrialMichael Douek
Division of Cancer Studies, Department of Research Oncology, King s College London, London, UK
Ann Surg Oncol 21:1237-45. 2014..The primary end point of this trial was defined as the proportion of sentinel nodes detected with each technique (identification rate)...
- Optimising magnetic sentinel lymph node biopsy in an in vivo porcine modelMuneer Ahmed
Research Oncology, Division of Cancer Studies, King s College London, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Nanomedicine 11:993-1002. 2015..006). Increasing magnetic tracer volume and injecting prior to surgery improve transcutaneous 'hotspot' identification but very high volumes, increase the number of nodes excised...
- Magnetic sentinel lymph node biopsy and localization properties of a magnetic tracer in an in vivo porcine modelBauke Anninga
Breast Surgery, Department of Research Oncology, King s College London, 3rd Floor Bermondsey Wing, Guy s Hospital Campus, Great Maze Pond, London, SE1 9RT, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 141:33-42. 2013..01). SLNB and localization can be performed in vivo using a magnetic tracer. This could provide a viable alternative for lesion localization and concurrent SLNB in the treatment of non-palpable breast cancer...
- Optical tomography of breast cancer-monitoring response to primary medical therapyLouise C Enfield
Department of Medical Physics and Bioengineering, Malet Place Engineering Building, University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT, UK
Target Oncol 4:219-33. 2009..These findings demonstrate that optical techniques could play a role in the monitoring of changes in angiogenesis, apoptosis and hypoxia due to neoadjuvant chemotherapy...
- Preclinical studies of the role of iron oxide magnetic nanoparticles for nonpalpable lesion localization in breast cancerMuneer Ahmed
Department of Research Oncology, King s College London, Guy s Hospital Campus, London, UK
J Surg Res 185:27-35. 2013..We therefore aimed to determine the feasibility of using iron oxide MNPs and a handheld magnetometer for the localization of nonpalpable breast cancers using a preclinical model...
- Systematic review of radioguided versus wire-guided localization in the treatment of non-palpable breast cancersMuneer Ahmed
Department of Research Oncology, King s College London, Guy s Hospital Campus, Great Maze Pond, London, SE1 9RT, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 140:241-52. 2013..RGL has a reduced operating time, but larger volume excisions compared to WGL. There is insufficient evidence to support the uptake of RGL over WGL, and larger, adequately powered, multi-centre RCTs are required. ..
- Surgical treatment of nonpalpable primary invasive and in situ breast cancerMuneer Ahmed
Division of Cancer Studies, Research Oncology, King s College London, 3rd Floor, Bermondsey Wing, Guy s Hospital, Great Maze Pond, London SE1 9RT, UK
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 12:645-63. 2015..This Review discusses the techniques available for the surgical management of nonpalpable breast cancer; we describe their advantages and disadvantages, and highlight future directions for the development of new technologies. ..
- Novel techniques for sentinel lymph node biopsy in breast cancer: a systematic reviewMuneer Ahmed
Department of Research Oncology, King s College London, London, UK Oncology and Haematology, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 15:e351-62. 2014..We could not identify any technique that challenged the existing standard procedure. Further assessment of these techniques against the standard dual technique in randomised trials is needed...
- Deposition of superparamagnetic iron-oxide nanoparticles in axillary sentinel lymph nodes following subcutaneous injectionLaura Johnson
Department of Research Oncology, Kings College London, London, UK
Histopathology 62:481-6. 2013..We evaluated the distribution and extent of SPIOs within the SLN and its impact on routine histological assessment...
- Three-dimensional time-resolved optical mammography of the uncompressed breastLouise C Enfield
Department of Medical Physics and Bioengineering, University College London, London, WC1E 6BT, UK
Appl Opt 46:3628-38. 2007..Only half of the fibroadenomas scanned could be observed, but of those that could be detected, all but one revealed an apparent increase in blood volume and a decrease in scatter and oxygen saturation...
- Applications of nanotechnology in cancerLaura Johnson
Department of Research Oncology, King s College London, London SE1 9RT, United Kingdom
Discov Med 9:374-9. 2010..This is exciting new area of research where science fiction may become a reality...