Lindsay M Bearne
Affiliation: King's College London
- Multidisciplinary team care for people with rheumatoid arthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysisLindsay M Bearne
Division of Health and Social Care Research, Faculty of Life Science and Medicine, King s College London, Shepherd s House, Guy s Campus, London, SE1 1UL, UK
Rheumatol Int 36:311-24. 2016..There is limited evidence evaluating the effect of MDT care on disability, disease activity or QoL in people with RA. There is likely to be no effect of MDT care on disability at 12 months or other time points. ..
- Feasibility of an exercise-based rehabilitation programme for chronic hip painLindsay M Bearne
Kings College London, London, UK
Musculoskeletal Care 9:160-8. 2011..This study evaluated the feasibility of an exercise-based rehabilitation programme in a primary care hospital...
- Upper limb sensorimotor function and functional performance in patients with rheumatoid arthritisLindsay M Bearne
Academic Department of Physiotherapy, Kings College London, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Biomedical and Health Sciences, London, UK
Disabil Rehabil 29:1035-9. 2007..To address this, we compared sensorimotor and functional performance in multiple upper limb joints of patients with RA and healthy subjects...
- Economic evaluation of a brief education, self-management and upper limb exercise training in people with rheumatoid arthritis (EXTRA) programme: a trial-based analysisVictoria L Manning
Division of Health and Social Care Research, King s College London, London, UK, Flinders Health Economics Group, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia, Department of Rheumatology, King s College London, London, Cardiff Institute of Infection and Immunity, Cardiff University, Cardiff and Faculty of Health and Social Care Sciences, St George s University of London and Kingston University, London, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 54:302-9. 2015..The aim of this study was to conduct a cost-utility analysis of the Education, Self-management and Upper Limb Exercise Training in People with RA (EXTRA) programme compared with usual care...
- Non-exercise physical therapies for musculoskeletal conditionsMichael V Hurley
Academic Department of Physiotherapy, Kings College London, Rehabilitation Research Unit, Dulwich Community Hospital, East Dulwich Grove, London SE22 8PT, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 22:419-33. 2008..Despite lack of efficacy, the popularity and powerful placebo effects of physiotherapeutic modalities may have some utility in making more burdensome physiotherapeutic interventions (exercise and self-management advice) more acceptable...
- Education, self-management, and upper extremity exercise training in people with rheumatoid arthritis: a randomized controlled trialVictoria L Manning
King s College London, London, UK
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 66:217-27. 2014....