Melanie A Abas
Affiliation: King's College London
- Depression and mortality in a high-risk population. 11-Year follow-up of the Medical Research Council Elderly Hypertension TrialMelanie Abas
Division of Psychiatry, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Br J Psychiatry 181:123-8. 2002..It is not clear whether the increased mortality associated with depression can be explained by the effects of potential confounding variables...
- Primary care services for depression in Harare, ZimbabweMelanie Abas
Sections of Old Age, Institute of Psychiatry, London
Harv Rev Psychiatry 11:157-65. 2003
- Common mental disorders and primary health care: current practice in low-income countriesMelanie Abas
Health Services Research Department, Institute of Psychiatry, London, and Division of Psychiatry, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Harv Rev Psychiatry 11:166-73. 2003
- Rural-urban migration and depression in ageing family members left behindMelanie A Abas
PO 60, HSPRD, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London SE5 8AF, UK
Br J Psychiatry 195:54-60. 2009..It has been suggested that rural-urban migration will have adverse consequences for older parents left behind...
- Psychological wellbeing, physical impairments and rural aging in a developing country settingMelanie A Abas
Health Service and Population Research Department, King s College London, London, UK
Health Qual Life Outcomes 7:66. 2009..There has been very little research on wellbeing, physical impairments and disability in older people in developing countries...
- Women in post-trafficking services in Moldova: diagnostic interviews over two time periods to assess returning women's mental healthNicolae V Ostrovschi
N Testemitanu Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Chisinau, Moldova
BMC Public Health 11:232. 2011..Yet, to date, no studies have used psychiatric diagnostic assessment to identify common forms of mental distress among survivors returning to their home country...