Joanne L Carter
Affiliation: Kent and Canterbury Hospital
- Bone mineral metabolism and its relationship to kidney disease in a residential care home population: a cross-sectional studyJoanne L Carter
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, East Kent Hospitals NHS Trust, Canterbury, Kent, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:3554-65. 2008..The present cross-sectional study assessed the relationship between markers of bone mineral metabolism and kidney function in a residential care home population...
- Estimating glomerular filtration rate: comparison of the CKD-EPI and MDRD equations in a large UK cohort with particular emphasis on the effect of ageJ L Carter
Clinical Biochemistry, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust, Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Ethelbert Road, Canterbury, Kent CT1 3NG, UK
QJM 104:839-47. 2011..73 m(2)...
- Chronic kidney disease prevalence in a UK residential care home populationJoanne L Carter
Departments of Clinical Biochemistry, East Kent Hospitals NHS Trust, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3NG, United Kingdom
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:1257-64. 2008..Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is common ( approximately 30%) in non-institutionalized older people but little is known about the prevalence of CKD amongst older people living in residential care...
- Accuracy of the MDRD (Modification of Diet in Renal Disease) study and CKD-EPI (CKD Epidemiology Collaboration) equations for estimation of GFR in the elderlyHannah S Kilbride
The Kent Kidney Care Centre, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust, Canterbury, Kent, United Kingdom
Am J Kidney Dis 61:57-66. 2013..None of these equations has been well validated in older people. We tested the accuracy of these equations in people 74 years or older compared with GFR measured by a reference method...
- Estimation of residual glomerular filtration rate in peritoneal dialysis patients using cystatin C: comparison with 51Cr-EDTA clearanceJoanne L Carter
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust, Canterbury, Kent, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:3729-32. 2011....
- Serum Cystatin C Does Not Predict Mortality or Treatment Failure in Peritoneal Dialysis: A Prospective StudyMichael P Delaney
Kent Kidney Care Centre and Clinical Biochemistry, Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Canterbury, Kent, UK
Perit Dial Int 36:94-100. 2016....