Affiliation: Keele University
- Patterns of pain and mobility limitation in older people: cross-sectional findings from a population survey of 18,497 adults aged 50 years and overSara Mottram
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire, UK
Qual Life Res 17:529-39. 2008..Lower limb and multiple pains present a potential target for the prevention of mobility limitation up to the oldest age groups...
- Is childhood pain associated with future mental health problems? A population based study of young adults in North StaffordshireChristian D Mallen
Arthritis Research Campaign, National Primary Care Centre, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire, ST5 5BG, UK
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 44:489-94. 2009..Increasingly it is thought that pain and depression may share a common causal pathway that may originate in childhood...
- The effect of age on the onset of pain interference in a general population of older adults: prospective findings from the North Staffordshire Osteoarthritis Project (NorStOP)Elaine Thomas
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Staffordshire ST5 5BG, UK
Pain 129:21-7. 2007....
- Identification of UK sickness certification rates, standardised for age and sexGwenllian Wynne-Jones
Arthritis Research Campaign, National Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Staffordshire
Br J Gen Pract 59:510-6. 2009..There is growing interest in tackling the perceived 'sick note' culture in the UK...
- Knee pain and osteoarthritis in the general population: what influences patients to consult?John Bedson
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Keele University, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, UK
Fam Pract 24:443-53. 2007..We examined the relationship between predisposing factors, enabling factors and need-related factors with consultation for knee pain in general practice...
- Onset and persistence of person-perceived participation restriction in older adults: a 3-year follow-up study in the general populationRoss Wilkie
Arthritis Research Campaign National Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire, UK
Health Qual Life Outcomes 6:92. 2008....
- Birth factors and common mental health problems in young adults: a population-based study in North StaffordshireChristian Mallen
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire ST5 5BG, UK
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 43:325-30. 2008..Whilst the potential association between these factors and depression in adulthood was been described rather less is known about the role of these exposures in the development of anxiety...
- Birth-related exposures and asthma and allergy in adulthood: a population-based cross-sectional study of young adults in North StaffordshireChristian David Mallen
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire
J Asthma 45:309-12. 2008..02, rhinitis OR 2.82, 95% CI 0.87, 9.15, hay fever OR 1.34, 95% CI 0.57, 3.14). Given the ongoing changes in obstetric practice and the continuing rise in the prevalence of allergic disorders, this area is worthy of further investigation...