Umesh T Kadam
Affiliation: Keele University
- Transient ischaemic attack in a patient with known temporal arteritis: a case reportUmesh T Kadam
Arthritis Research Campaign National Primary Care Centre, Keele University Staffordshire ST5 5BG UK
Cases J 2:8542. 2009....
- Leaders, leadership and future primary care clinical researchJohn Furler
Department of General Practice, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
BMC Fam Pract 9:52. 2008..To meet the increasing demands being made of it, primary care needs its own thriving research culture and knowledge base...
- Risk factors for cardiovascular disease and future osteoarthritis-related arthroplasty: a population-based cohort study in men and women from Malmö, SwedenU T Kadam
Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, UK
Scand J Rheumatol 40:478-85. 2011..To investigate the hypothesis that cardiovascular risk factors increase the likelihood of future osteoarthritis (OA)-related arthroplasty in adult men and women...
- Potential health impacts of multiple drug prescribing for older people: a case-control studyUmesh T Kadam
Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Keele University, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, UK
Br J Gen Pract 61:128-30. 2011..The study highlights the potential need for assessing drug prescribing in terms of overall health...
- Use of a cross-sectional survey to estimate outcome of health care: the example of anxiety and depressionU T Kadam
Keele University, Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Staffordshire, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 54:1112-9. 2001..This study demonstrates the potential for using cross-sectional population surveys to estimate not only the need for health care but also the outcome of health care...
- Does age modify the relationship between morbidity severity and physical health in English and Dutch family practice populations?Umesh T Kadam
Arthritis Research Campaign National Primary Care Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, ST5 5BG, UK
Qual Life Res 18:209-20. 2009..To investigate the co-influences of age and morbidity severity on physical health in adult family practice populations...
- Morbidity severity classifying routine consultations from English and Dutch general practice indicated physical health statusU T Kadam
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, England ST5 5BG, United Kingdom
J Clin Epidemiol 61:386-393. 2008..To investigate the construct validity of morbidity severity scales based on routine consultation data by studying their associations with sociodemographic factors and physical health...
- Clinical multimorbidity and physical function in older adults: a record and health status linkage study in general practiceU T Kadam
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, UK
Fam Pract 24:412-9. 2007..We have investigated whether routinely collected consultation data could be used as the basis for a simple classification of multimorbidity that reflects an individual's overall health status...
- Clinical comorbidity in osteoarthritis: associations with physical function in older patients in family practiceUmesh T Kadam
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, England
J Rheumatol 34:1899-904. 2007..To determine the influence of comorbidity on physical function in osteoarthritis (OA) consulters aged 50 years and over in family practice...
- Clinical comorbidity in patients with osteoarthritis: a case-control study of general practice consulters in England and WalesU T Kadam
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire ST5 5BG, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 63:408-14. 2004..To determine patterns of clinical comorbidity in general practice consulters with OA and compare them with comorbidity in consulters without OA...
- Is chronic widespread pain a predictor of all-cause morbidity? A 3 year prospective population based study in family practiceUmesh T Kadam
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
J Rheumatol 32:1341-8. 2005..To investigate whether chronic widespread pain predicts illness seen in general practice in a 3 year followup period...
- Clinical comorbidity was specific to disease pathology, psychologic distress, and somatic symptom amplificationUmesh T Kadam
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, UK ST5 5BG
J Clin Epidemiol 58:909-17. 2005....
- A comparison of two consensus methods for classifying morbidities in a single professional group showed the same outcomesUmesh T Kadam
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, England ST5 5BG, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 59:1169-73. 2006..To investigate whether consensus differs when reached by the Nominal or the Delphi method...
- Comorbidity Cohort (2C) study: cardiovascular disease severity and comorbid osteoarthritis in primary careJames A Prior
Health Services Research Unit, Innovation Centre 1, Keele University Science and Business Park, Keele University, Staffordshire ST5 5NB, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 12:295. 2012....
- Annual consultation prevalence of regional musculoskeletal problems in primary care: an observational studyKelvin P Jordan
Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Keele, Staffs ST55BG UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:144. 2010..The objective was to classify musculoskeletal morbidity codes used in routine primary care by body region, and to determine the annual consultation prevalence of regional musculoskeletal problems...
- Cardiovascular disease and musculoskeletal disorder labels in family practice acted as markers of physical health severityJames A Prior
Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Staffordshire ST5 5BG, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 64:547-55. 2011..Family practitioner diagnostic labels applied in consultation provide a signpost for treatment and management. Yet, it is unknown whether each label reflects the health of the respective patient group...
- Measuring disease prevalence: a comparison of musculoskeletal disease using four general practice consultation databasesKelvin Jordan
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Keele University, Keele
Br J Gen Pract 57:7-14. 2007..Primary care consultation data are an important source of information on morbidity prevalence. It is not known how reliable such figures are...
- The challenge of multimorbidity in nurse education: an international perspectiveClaire A Rushton
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Keele University, England, UK Electronic address
Nurse Educ Today 35:288-92. 2015..This paper explores the issues of multimorbidity from a patient, healthcare and nurse education perspective and presents the preliminary discussions from the workshop and students' survey. ..
- Variations in patient-reported physical health between cardiac and musculoskeletal diseases: systematic review and meta-analysis of population-based studiesJames A Prior
Research Institute for Primary Care and Health Sciences, Keele University, Staffordshire, ST5 5BG, UK
Health Qual Life Outcomes 13:71. 2015....
- Associations between cardiovascular disease severity, osteoarthritis co-morbidity and physical health: a population-based studyJames A Prior
Research Institute for Primary Care and Health Sciences and Health Services Research Unit, Keele University, Keele, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 53:1794-802. 2014..The aim of this study was to investigate the interaction between cardiovascular disease severity and OA co-morbidity on physical health...
- The relationship of individual and neighbourhood deprivation with morbidity in older adults: an observational studyKelvin P Jordan
1 Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire ST5 5BG, UK
Eur J Public Health 24:396-8. 2014..These findings suggest a role of social environment in certain morbidities and indicate the importance of identifying and acting on neighbourhood deprivation to reduce health inequalities...
- Multidrug and optimal heart failure therapy prescribing in older general practice populations: a clinical data linkage studyClaire A Rushton
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Keele University, Stoke on Trent, UK
BMJ Open 4:e003698. 2014..To investigate multidrug therapy in the cardiovascular disease (CVD) population and whether it was associated with suboptimal drug prescribing in heart failure (HF)...
- Distinct trajectories of multimorbidity in primary care were identified using latent class growth analysisVicky Y Strauss
Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Keele University, the Institute of Primary Care and Health Sciences, Keele, Staffordshire ST5 5BG, United Kingdom Centre for Statistics in Medicine, Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences, Botnar Research Centre, University of Oxford, Windmill Road, Oxford OX3 7LD, United Kingdom Electronic address
J Clin Epidemiol 67:1163-71. 2014..To investigate the use of latent class growth analysis (LCGA) in understanding onset and changes in multimorbidity over time in older adults...