Affiliation: Keele University
- The effectiveness of national guidance in changing analgesic prescribing in primary care from 2002 to 2009: an observational database studyJ Bedson
Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Staffordshire, UK
Eur J Pain 17:434-43. 2013..Their effectiveness is unclear. The objective of this study was to examine trends in general practitioners' prescribing behaviour in relation to national guidelines...
- Does comorbid disease influence consultation for knee problems in primary care?John Bedson
Arthritis Research Campaign National Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Staffordshire, UK
Prim Health Care Res Dev 12:322-8. 2011..Little is known about why this appears to be happening. Our aim was to examine whether consultations for concurrent comorbid disease had any influence on an individual's likelihood of consulting for knee-related problems in primary care...
- Labelling chronic illness in primary care: a good or a bad thing?John Bedson
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Keele, North Staffordshire
Br J Gen Pract 54:932-8. 2004....
- The prevalence and history of knee osteoarthritis in general practice: a case-control studyJohn Bedson
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Keele, Staffs ST5 5BG, UK
Fam Pract 22:103-8. 2005..Further, little is known about the clinical history of patients who are subsequently diagnosed with knee osteoarthritis...
- Knee pain and osteoarthritis in the general population: what influences patients to consult?John Bedson
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Keele University, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, UK
Fam Pract 24:443-53. 2007..We examined the relationship between predisposing factors, enabling factors and need-related factors with consultation for knee pain in general practice...
- A cross sectional study of requests for knee radiographs from primary careJohn Bedson
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 8:77. 2007....
- The discordance between clinical and radiographic knee osteoarthritis: a systematic search and summary of the literatureJohn Bedson
Arthritis Research Campaign National Primary Care Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, ST5 5BG, United Kingdom
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:116. 2008....
- Pain medication management of musculoskeletal conditions at first presentation in primary care: analysis of routinely collected medical record dataMehluli Ndlovu
Research Institute for Primary Care and Health Sciences, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire ST5 5BG, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 15:418. 2014..The objective was to describe pharmacological management of new musculoskeletal conditions and determine patient characteristics associated with type of medication prescribed...
- Public priorities for joint pain research: results from a general population surveyVicky Y Strauss
Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Keele University, Keele ST5 5BG, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 51:2075-82. 2012..We aimed to identify the priorities for joint pain research from a large general population survey and identify characteristics associated with these priorities...