- An overview of chronic fatigue syndromeElizabeth Jackson
Shaw Heath Health Centre, Stockport, Cheshire
Nurs Stand 17:45-53; quiz 54-5. 2002..The author describes common symptoms and their treatment, and discusses a model of patient care, piloted in the community, which includes elements of a range of therapeutic strategies...
- Aging memory self-efficacy: elders share their thoughts and experienceGraham J McDougall
University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing, USA
Geriatr Nurs 24:162-8. 2003..Therefore, it is important for clinicians to ask elders about memory function during routine health care encounters, as individuals are interested in memory assessment and management...
- Increase in interleukin-1beta in late-life depressionAlan J Thomas
School of Neurology, Neurobiology and Psychiatry and the Institute for Ageing and Health, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Am J Psychiatry 162:175-7. 2005..The authors tested the hypothesis that levels of cytokine interleukin-1beta (IL-1beta) would be higher in subjects with late-life major depression...
- School students as Drosophila experimentersFaiza Siyad
PLoS Biol 3:e246. 2005
- Psychometric properties of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Health-Related Quality of Life (CDC HRQOL) items in adults with arthritisThelma Mielenz
Thurston Arthritis Research Center, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 4:66. 2006..This study's purpose is to assess the psychometric properties of the 9-item CDC HRQOL (4-item Healthy Days Core Module and 5-item Healthy Days Symptoms Module) in an arthritis sample using the SF-36v2 as a comparison...
- Soluble cell adhesion molecules in late-life depressionAlan J Thomas
School of Neurology, Neurobiology and Psychiatry, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, U K
Int Psychogeriatr 19:914-20. 2007..We hypothesized that soluble intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (sICAM-1) and soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (sVCAM-1) would be increased in late-life major depression...