Affiliation: Institute of Cancer Research
- Targeting the Insulin-Like Growth Factor 1 Receptor in Ewing's Sarcoma: Reality and ExpectationsDavid Olmos
Sarcoma Unit, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, London SW3 6JJ, UK
Sarcoma 2011:402508. 2011..Despite, the initial promising results, not all patients benefit from IGF-1R inhibition, and consequently, there is an urgent need for the identification of predictive markers of response...
- Biological rationale and current clinical experience with anti-insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor monoclonal antibodies in treating sarcoma: twenty years from the bench to the bedsideDavid Olmos
Sarcoma Unit, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, London, United Kingdom
Cancer J 16:183-94. 2010..Despite these encouraging results, not all patients benefit from IGF-1R inhibition and consequently there is an urgent need for the identification of predictive markers of response...
- Role of palliative chemotherapy in advanced epithelioid sarcomaRobin L Jones
Sarcoma Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK
Am J Clin Oncol 35:351-7. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the response rate and progression-free survival in a series of epithelioid sarcoma patients treated with chemotherapy at a single referral center...
- Oncocytic adrenal cortical carcinosarcoma with pleomorphic rhabdomyosarcomatous metastasesKhin Thway
Sarcoma Unit, Department of Histopathology, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Am J Surg Pathol 36:470-7. 2012..Here, we discuss the clinical, radiologic, and pathologic findings and review the literature on adrenal cortical carcinosarcomas...
- Clinical benefit of early phase clinical trial participation for advanced sarcoma patientsRobin L Jones
Royal Marsden Hospital, London, SW3 6JJ, UK
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 68:423-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical benefit for sarcoma patients treated within the Phase I Unit of a single referral centre...
- Diagnostic utility of p16, CDK4, and MDM2 as an immunohistochemical panel in distinguishing well-differentiated and dedifferentiated liposarcomas from other adipocytic tumorsKhin Thway
Sarcoma Unit, Department of Histopathology, Drug Development and Medical Oncology Units, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Am J Surg Pathol 36:462-9. 2012..p16 was the most sensitive and specific marker for detecting WDL/DDL, and the combination of CDK4 and p16 is of more discriminatory value than the combination of either with MDM2, the least sensitive and specific of the 3 markers...
- Prognostic value of blood mRNA expression signatures in castration-resistant prostate cancer: a prospective, two-stage studyDavid Olmos
Drug Development Unit, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Sutton, UK
Lancet Oncol 13:1114-24. 2012..We analysed blood mRNA expression arrays to identify patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer with poorer outcome...
- Interrogating two schedules of the AKT inhibitor MK-2206 in patients with advanced solid tumors incorporating novel pharmacodynamic and functional imaging biomarkersTimothy A Yap
Drug Development Unit, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom Division of Clinical Studies, The Institute of Cancer Research, Surrey, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 20:5672-85. 2014..Due to a long half-life (60-80 hours), a weekly (QW) MK-2206 schedule was pursued to compare intermittent QW and continuous QOD dosing...