Genomes and Genes
Dimah Z Habash
Affiliation: Institute for Animal Health
- The genetics of nitrogen use in hexaploid wheat: N utilisation, development and yieldDimah Z Habash
Crop Performance and Improvement Division, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Hertfordshire, AL5 2JQ, UK
Theor Appl Genet 114:403-19. 2007..This locus is involved in processes defining the control of tiller number and consequently assimilate partitioning and deserves further examination...
- Genomic approaches for designing durum wheat ready for climate change with a focus on droughtD Z Habash
Plant Science Department, Centre for Crop Genetic Improvement, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Hertfordshire AL5 2JQ, UK
J Exp Bot 60:2805-15. 2009..Full realization of our abilities to manipulate metabolism, transduction pathways, and transcription factors for crop improvement ultimately relies on our basic understanding of the regulation of plant networks at all levels of function...
- Systems responses to progressive water stress in durum wheatDimah Z Habash
Plant Biology and Crop Science, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 9:e108431. 2014....
- AIGO: towards a unified framework for the analysis and the inter-comparison of GO functional annotationsMichaël Defoin-Platel
Department of Biomathematics and Bioinformatics, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, UK
BMC Bioinformatics 12:431. 2011..The evaluation of the quality of the resultant annotations is also challenging given there is often no existing gold-standard against which to evaluate precision and recall...
- The role of glutamine synthetase and glutamate dehydrogenase in nitrogen assimilation and possibilities for improvement in the nitrogen utilization of cropsBen J Miflin
Crop Performance and Improvement Division, IACR Rothamsted, Harpenden, Hertfordshire AL5 2JQ, UK
J Exp Bot 53:979-87. 2002..Marker-assisted breeding may also bring about such improvements...
- Gene expression, cellular localisation and function of glutamine synthetase isozymes in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.)Stéphanie M Bernard
Plant Science Department, Centre for Crop Genetic Improvement, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Hertfordshire, UK
Plant Mol Biol 67:89-105. 2008..Use of this genetic variation should inform future efforts to modulate this enzyme for pre-breeding efforts to improve nitrogen use in wheat...
- Wheat nitrogen metabolism during grain filling: comparative role of glumes and the flag leafMarta S Lopes
Unitat de Fisiologia Vegetal, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Diagonal 645, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Planta 225:165-81. 2006..We argue that cellular distribution plays a key role in supporting metabolism to enable the various functions undertaken by glume tissue...
- Two cytosolic glutamine synthetase isoforms of maize are specifically involved in the control of grain productionAntoine Martin
Unité de Nutrition Azotée des Plantes UR511, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, F 78026 Versailles Cedex, France
Plant Cell 18:3252-74. 2006..The two GS1 isoenzymes play nonredundant roles with respect to their tissue-specific localization...