Affiliation: Institute of Psychiatry
- The Maudsley Family Study, II: Endogenous event-related potentials in familial schizophreniaS Frangou
Department of Psychological Medicine, King s College School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Schizophr Res 23:45-53. 1997..These included six of the eight obligate carriers. Our results suggest that ERP abnormalities may serve as markers of genetic vulnerability in schizophrenia and may be useful in genetic linkage studies...
- Small planum temporale volume in Down's syndrome: a volumetric MRI studyS Frangou
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA
Am J Psychiatry 154:1424-9. 1997..The aim of this study was to investigate whether the superior temporal gyrus and the planum temporale, both parts of the anatomic substrate for language, are abnormal in Down's syndrome...
- Gender differences in immediate memory in bipolar disorderD Carrus
Section of Neurobiology of Psychosis, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Psychol Med 40:1349-55. 2010..Although cognitive abnormalities are an established feature of BD, there is limited information regarding whether gender also influences the pattern and severity of cognitive impairment...
- Superior temporal gyrus abnormalities in early-onset schizophrenia: similarities and differences with adult-onset schizophreniaH Matsumoto
Institute of Psychiatry, Division of Psychological Medicine, Section of Neurobiology of Psychosis, De Crespigny Park, London, SE5 8AF, UK
Am J Psychiatry 158:1299-304. 2001..The relationship between language-related symptoms and superior temporal gyrus volume is similar to that seen in adult-onset cases but not as lateralized...
- The Maudsley Early Onset Schizophrenia Study: the effect of age of onset and illness duration on fronto-parietal gray matterL Burke
Child and Adolescent Services, South London and Maudsley NHS Trust, Denmark Hill, London, UK
Eur Psychiatry 23:233-6. 2008..To further explore this effect we examined the relationship between age of onset and duration of illness on brain morphology in adolescents with EOS...
- The dysplastic net hypothesis: an integration of developmental and dysconnectivity theories of schizophreniaE T Bullmore
Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Psychological Medicine, Denmark Hill, London, UK
Schizophr Res 28:143-56. 1997....
- Fronto-temporal function may distinguish bipolar disorder from schizophreniaS Frangou
Section of Neurobiology of Psychosis, Institute of Psychiatry, King s Coillege London, London, UK
Bipolar Disord 8:47-55. 2006..Our objective was to compare the cognitive profile of stable BDI and schizophrenic patients using neuropsychological tasks which utilize frontal systems but differ in terms of the exact neural circuits and cognitive processes involved...