Janine T Erler
Affiliation: Institute of Cancer Research
- The role of lysyl oxidase in SRC-dependent proliferation and metastasis of colorectal cancerAnn Marie Baker
Section of Cell and Molecular Biology, The Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:407-24. 2011..Emerging evidence implicates lysyl oxidase (LOX), an extracellular matrix-modifying enzyme, in promoting metastasis of solid tumors. We investigated whether LOX plays an important role in the metastasis of colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Three-dimensional context regulation of metastasisJanine T Erler
Hypoxia and Metastasis Team, Section of Cell and Molecular Biology, The Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Clin Exp Metastasis 26:35-49. 2009..Thus, clarifying the molecular pathways by which ECM remodeling and tumor hypoxia intersect to promote tumor progression should identify novel therapeutic targets...
- Lysyl oxidase plays a critical role in endothelial cell stimulation to drive tumor angiogenesisAnn Marie Baker
Hypoxia and Metastasis Team, The Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Cancer Res 73:583-94. 2013..Finally, we validate our findings in a breast cancer model, showing the universality of these observations. Taken together, our findings have broad clinical and therapeutic implications for a wide variety of solid tumor types...
- The rationale for targeting the LOX family in cancerHolly E Barker
Hypoxia and Metastasis Team, The Institute of Cancer Research, London SW3 6JB, UK
Nat Rev Cancer 12:540-52. 2012..We also discuss how targeting this family of proteins might lead to a new avenue of cancer therapeutics...
- LOXL2-mediated matrix remodeling in metastasis and mammary gland involutionHolly E Barker
Section of Cell and Molecular Biology, The Institute of Cancer Research, London, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 71:1561-72. 2011..Our findings highlight the importance of LOXL2 in breast cancer progression and support the development of anti-LOXL2 therapeutics for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer...
- The hypoxic cancer secretome induces pre-metastatic bone lesions through lysyl oxidaseThomas R Cox
1 Biotech Research and Innovation Centre BRIC, University of Copenhagen UCPH, Copenhagen, DK 2200, Denmark 2 Hypoxia and Metastasis Team, Cancer Research UK Tumour Cell Signalling Unit, The Institute of Cancer Research, London SW3 6JB, UK
Nature 522:106-10. 2015..Our study identifies a novel mechanism of regulation of bone homeostasis and metastasis, opening up opportunities for novel therapeutic intervention with important clinical implications. ..
- Remodeling and homeostasis of the extracellular matrix: implications for fibrotic diseases and cancerThomas R Cox
Cancer Research UK Tumour Cell Signalling Unit, Section of Cell and Molecular Biology, The Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Dis Model Mech 4:165-78. 2011..This can only be achieved through the use of appropriate in vitro and in vivo models to mimic disease, and with technologies that enable accurate monitoring, imaging and quantification of the ECM...
- Contrasting effects of sunitinib within in vivo models of metastasisJonathan C Welti
Tumour Biology Team, Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, The Institute of Cancer Research, Fulham Road, London, SW3 6JB, UK
Angiogenesis 15:623-41. 2012..These findings have relevance for understanding how anti-angiogenic agents may influence disease progression when used in the adjuvant or metastatic setting in cancer patients...
- Identification of hypoxia-regulated proteins using MALDI-mass spectrometry imaging combined with quantitative proteomicsMarie Claude Djidja
Hypoxia and Metastasis Team and Cell Communications Team, Cancer Research U K Tumour Cell Signalling Unit, Division of Cancer Biology, The Institute of Cancer Research, London, United Kingdom
J Proteome Res 13:2297-313. 2014..The results and limitations of the methodologies described are discussed. ..