Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Imperial College
- Comparison of 18F-FDG uptake by right ventricular myocardium in idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension and pulmonary arterial hypertension associated with congenital heart diseaseWei Fang
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Cardiovascular Institute and Fu Wai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Pulm Circ 2:365-72. 2012..Increased RV FDG uptake is a marker of poor prognosis in IPAH and is reduced in patients receiving effective therapy. It could prove useful in the early clinical assessment of novel therapies for PAH...
- Histone deacetylation inhibition in pulmonary hypertension: therapeutic potential of valproic acid and suberoylanilide hydroxamic acidLan Zhao
Centre for Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Experimental Medicine, Imperial College London, Du Cane Rd, London W12 ONN, UK
Circulation 126:455-67. 2012..Little is known about the contribution of histone deacetylase (HDAC) activity to the development of pulmonary arterial hypertension, a condition characterized by profound structural remodeling of pulmonary arteries and arterioles...
- Inhibition of SOC/Ca2+/NFAT pathway is involved in the anti-proliferative effect of sildenafil on pulmonary artery smooth muscle cellsCong Wang
Beijing Institute of Respiratory Medicine, Beijing Chao Yang Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, PR China
Respir Res 10:123. 2009....
- Simvastatin and sildenafil combine to attenuate pulmonary hypertensionL Zhao
Experimental Medicine and Toxicology, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Eur Respir J 34:948-57. 2009..These data suggest that simvastatin can be usefully combined with sildenafil in the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension to achieve greater therapeutic benefit...
- Sildenafil inhibits hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertensionL Zhao
Section on Clinical Pharmacology, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Circulation 104:424-8. 2001..The eNOS-NO-cGMP pathway contributes to the response to sildenafil, but other biochemical sources of cGMP also play a role. Sildenafil has beneficial pulmonary hemodynamic effects even when eNOS activity is impaired...
- Genetic determination of cardiac mass in normotensive rats: results from an F344xWKY crossA Sebkhi
Section on Clinical Pharmacology, Division of Medicine, Imperial College of Science, Technology, and Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Hypertension 33:949-53. 1999..The prostaglandin synthase 1 gene is located within the QTL...
- Identification of three novel HLA-DQA1 alleles: DQA1*01:08, DQA1*01:09 and DQA1*03:03:02H Yan
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing, China
Tissue Antigens 80:551-3. 2012..Three novel alleles DQA1*01:08, 01:09 and 03:03:02 are described. All are single-nucleotide substitutions...
- Right ventricular hypertrophy secondary to pulmonary hypertension is linked to rat chromosome 17: evaluation of cardiac ryanodine Ryr2 receptor as a candidateL Zhao
Section on Clinical Pharmacology, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College School of Science, Technology, and Medicine, London, UK
Circulation 103:442-7. 2001..Fischer 344 (F344) rats are relatively resistant to hypoxia-induced right ventricular (RV) hypertrophy compared with the Wistar-Kyoto (WKY) strain. These 2 strains were used to examine the genetic basis for the differential response...
- Tetrahydrobiopterin and the regulation of hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstrictionB N Francis
Experimental Medicine and Toxicology, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, DuCane Road, London, W12 ONN, UK
Eur Respir J 36:323-30. 2010..Its effects are mediated via nitric oxide, hydrogen peroxide and its antioxidant properties, and are attenuated by oxidant stress. Pharmacological administration of BH(4) may have therapeutic potential in pulmonary hypertension...
- p54(nrb)/NONO regulates lipid metabolism and breast cancer growth through SREBP-1AZ Zhu
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Ren Ji Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
Oncogene 35:1399-410. 2016..Thus, the SREBP pathway may represent a novel target for treating breast cancer. ..
- NPR-A-Deficient mice show increased susceptibility to hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertensionL Zhao
Section on Clinical Pharmacology, Imperial College School of Science, Technology, and Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Circulation 99:605-7. 1999....
- Effect of Treadmill Running on Apelin and APJ Expression in Adipose Tissue and Skeletal Muscle in Rats Fed a High-fat DietH Yang
School of P E and Sports Science, Beijing Normal University, School of P E and Sports Science, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China
Int J Sports Med 36:535-41. 2015..However, apelin and APJ expression was upregulated in soleus and gastrocnemius muscle with treadmill training and a HFD. Exercise had a tissue-dependent effect on apelin and APJ expression in rats fed a HFD. ..
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multiple-dose study of the safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics of benvitimod, a candidate drug for the treatment of psoriasisL Zhao
Phase I Research Unit, Department of Pharmacy, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing, China
J Clin Pharm Ther 39:418-23. 2014..The goals of this study were to evaluate the safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics of benvitimod after topical administration in healthy subjects...
- HLA-DQ association and allele competition in Chinese narcolepsyF Han
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Beijing University People s Hospital, Beijing, China
Tissue Antigens 80:328-35. 2012....
- [Changes of early components of auditory ERPs during HDT-simulated weightlessness]L Zhao
Institute of Space Medico-Engineering, Beijing, China
Space Med Med Eng (Beijing) 14:395-9. 2001..Conclusion. These data provided further evidence showing that the early activity process of brain was also affected by simulated weightlessness...
- [Comparison of effects of 5 and 20 Hz magnetic field on cerebral ischemia in rats]L Zhao
Institute of Space Medico-Engineering, Beijing, China
Space Med Med Eng (Beijing) 14:41-4. 2001..Conclusion: Magnetic field stimulation influences cerebral ischemic reaction with frequency-dependency...