Affiliation: Imperial College
- The importance of baseline viral load when assessing relative efficacy in treatment-naïve HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B: a systematic review and network meta-analysisStuart Mealing
Oxford Outcomes Ltd, Seacourt Tower, West Way, Oxford OX2 0JJ, UK
Syst Rev 3:21. 2014..We undertook baseline-adjusted and unadjusted analyses using the same data to explore the impact of baseline viral load (BVL) on CHB treatment response...
- Steroids or pentoxifylline for alcoholic hepatitis (STOPAH): study protocol for a randomised controlled trialEwan Forrest
Hepatology Section, Imperial College, Norfolk Place, London, Paddington W2 1NY, UK
Trials 14:262. 2013..The role of corticosteroids is controversial as trial results have been inconsistent, whereas the role of pentoxifylline requires confirmation as only one previous placebo-controlled trial has been published...
- Iron, haemochromatosis and thalassaemia as risk factors for fibrosis in hepatitis C virus infectionMark Thursz
Gastroenterology and Hepatology Research, Imperial College St Mary s Hospital Campus, Norfolk Place, London W2 1NY, UK
Gut 56:613-4. 2007
- Understanding the host genetics of chronic hepatitis B and CMark Thursz
Hepatology and Gastroenterology Section, Department of Medicine, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Semin Liver Dis 31:115-27. 2011..Indeed, stratification of clinical trial populations based on IL-28B genotype is already considered mandatory...
- The clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of STeroids Or Pentoxifylline for Alcoholic Hepatitis (STOPAH): a 2 × 2 factorial randomised controlled trialMark Thursz
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, London, UK
Health Technol Assess 19:1-104. 2015..Prednisolone and pentoxifylline (PTX) are recommended in guidelines for treatment of severe AH, but trials supporting their use have given heterogeneous results and controversy persists about their benefit...
- Natural NS3 resistance polymorphisms occur frequently prior to treatment in HIV-positive patients with acute hepatitis CMayke Leggewie
aMRC Centre for Virus Research, University of Glasgow, Glasgow bDepartment of Virology, Imperial College NHS Trust cDepartment of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, UK
AIDS 27:2485-8. 2013..Low-frequency mutations were detected in all samples. Further studies are required to determine threshold levels associated with treatment failure. ..
- The diversity and management of chronic hepatitis B virus infections in the United Kingdom: a wake-up callRichard S Tedder
Microbiology Services Colindale, Health Protection Agency, London, UK
Clin Infect Dis 56:951-60. 2013..Through migration, diversity of chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection has changed, affecting disease burden and control. We describe clinical and viral characteristics of chronic HBV in the United Kingdom...
- Blunted increase in serum hepcidin as response to oral iron in HFE-hemochromatosisArvind Sangwaiya
Department of Gastroenterology, Ealing Hospital NHS Trust, London, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:721-4. 2011..However, the precise link between hepcidin levels and iron absorption in HFE-H patients has been poorly understood...
- Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor: a pivotal mediator of anti-inflammatory responses in acetaminophen-induced acute liver failureCharalambos Gustav Antoniades
Section of Hepatology, St Mary s Hospital, Imperial College, London, UK Institute of Liver Sciences, King s College London, London, UK
Hepatology 59:1564-76. 2014..Culture of healthy monocytes with AALF liver homogenates, plasma, or rhSLPI induced monocytes with strikingly similar anti-inflammatory characteristics which were reversed by inhibiting the activity of SLPI...
- NICE guidelines and a treatment algorithm for the management of chronic hepatitis B: a review of 12 years experience in west LondonPatrick T F Kennedy
Department of Hepatology, Imperial College London at St Mary s Hospital, London, UK
Antivir Ther 13:1067-76. 2008....
- Quantitative versus morphological assessment of liver fibrosis: semi-quantitative scores are more robust than digital image fibrosis area estimationMark Wright
Hepatology Section, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London W2 1NY, UK
Liver Int 23:28-34. 2003..Accurate determination of a threshold greyscale level representing fibrous tissue is critical. This method has not been fully evaluated in clinical practice...
- Autoregulatory role of interleukin-10 in hepatitis C patients treated with IFN-alphaArmin Luik
University of Mainz, Department of Medicine, 55101 Mainz, Germany
J Interferon Cytokine Res 24:585-93. 2004..This suggests an autoregulatory role of IL-10 in IFN therapy...
- Association of genetic variants of the chemokine receptor CCR5 and its ligands, RANTES and MCP-2, with outcome of HCV infectionSimon Hellier
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Hepatology 38:1468-76. 2003..018, OR: 2.29, 95% CI: 1.14-4.58). In conclusion, our study suggests a possible role of the polymorphisms CCR5-delta32, RANTES -403, and MCP-2 Q46K in the outcome of HCV infection...