Affiliation: Imperial College
- Assessment of anatomical knowledge for clinical practice: perceptions of clinicians and studentsSimon Rowland
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, St Mary s Hospital Campus, London, United Kingdom
Surg Radiol Anat 33:263-9. 2011....
- Caecal herniation through the foramen of Winslow: a rare cause of bowel obstructionVishal Patel
Division of Surgery, Imperial College, St Mary s Hospital, Praed Street, London, W2 1NY, UK
Updates Surg 65:241-4. 2013..The literature is subsequently reviewed to highlight previous similar episodes and identify the optimal modalities for pre-operative diagnosis and describe the most appropriate intra-operative management. ..
- Implementation of an interactive virtual-world simulation for structured surgeon assessment of clinical scenariosVishal Patel
Division of Surgery, Imperial College, St Mary s Hospital, London, UK
J Am Coll Surg 217:270-9. 2013..This study establishes the face, content and construct validity of online 3-dimensional virtual patients in Second Life (a 3-dimensional virtual world accessible via the Internet)...
- Virtual worlds are an innovative tool for medical device training in a simulated environmentVishal Patel
Medical Media Design Laboratory, Division of Surgery, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College, London, UK
Stud Health Technol Inform 173:338-43. 2012..Forty nurses were subsequently recruited to participate within the simulation and assess its feasibility...
- Operating room introduction for the noviceVishal Patel
Division of Surgery, Imperial College London, St Mary s Hospital, London, UK
Am J Surg 203:266-75. 2012..This study assessed the implementation of a theater induction curriculum through a didactic lecture, an online Second Life operating room, and a simulated operating suite...
- Tactical and operational response to major incidents: feasibility and reliability of skills assessment using novel virtual environmentsDaniel Cohen
Division of Surgery, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
Resuscitation 84:992-8. 2013..To determine feasibility and reliability of skills assessment in a multi-agency, triple-site major incident response exercise carried out in a virtual world environment...
- Enhanced recovery simulation in colorectal surgery: design of virtual online patientsLaura Beyer-Berjot
Department of Surgery and Cancer, St Mary s Campus, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK
Surg Endosc 29:2270-7. 2015..Indeed, ERP have changed perioperative care and improved patients outcomes in colorectal surgery. Training, using online VP with different pre- and post-operative cases, may increase implementation of ERP...
- Surgical training: design of a virtual care pathway approachLaura Beyer-Berjot
Division of Surgery, Department of Surgery and Cancer, St Mary s Campus, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK The Center for Surgical Teaching and Research CERC, Aix Marseille Universite, Marseille, France Electronic address
Surgery 156:689-97. 2014..The aim of this study was to design a pathway approach for training in general surgery. A common disease requiring essential skills was chosen, namely, acute appendicitis...
- Development of an electronic web-based software for the management of colorectal cancer target referral patientsDimitri A Raptis
Academic Division of Surgical and Interventional Sciences, University College London, London, UK
Inform Health Soc Care 36:117-31. 2011..Implementing a functional software design is mandatory for the management of target referral patients...