- Making existing technology safer in healthcareRichard C Newton
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Imperial College, London, UK
Qual Saf Health Care 19:i15-24. 2010....
- Progress toward optical biopsy: bringing the microscope to the patientRichard C Newton
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College, St Mary s Hospital, 10th Floor QEQM Building, London W2 1NY, UK
Lung 189:111-9. 2011....
- Tracheobronchial amyloidosis and confocal endomicroscopyRichard C Newton
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, London, UK
Respiration 82:209-11. 2011..This case study outlines the imperfect, essentially palliative management of this rare disease, and shows for the first time the unusual dappled in vivo pCLE images of amyloid-affected endobronchium...
- Imaging parenchymal lung diseases with confocal endomicroscopyRichard C Newton
Hamlyn Institute for Robotic Surgery, Imperial College, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
Respir Med 106:127-37. 2012..Optical biopsy" using bronchoscopic probe-based confocal endomicrosocopy (pCLE) provides real time images of the autofluorescent elastin scaffold of the healthy acinus...
- Robot-assisted transvaginal peritoneoscopy using confocal endomicroscopy: a feasibility study in a porcine modelRichard C Newton
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, St Mary s Hospital, Praed Street, London, W2 1NY, UK
Surg Endosc 26:2532-40. 2012..By translating the probe at constant pressure across the target tissue, undistorted "mosaics" can be produced. However, this poses ergonomic challenges with a conventional flexible endoscope...