John A Marwick
Affiliation: Imperial College
- Oxidative stress modulates theophylline effects on steroid responsivenessJohn A Marwick
National Heart and Lung Institute, Airways Disease Section, Imperial College London, Guy Scadding Building, Dovehouse Steet, London SW3 6LY, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 377:797-802. 2008..In conclusion, oxidative stress alters theophylline binding profile and gene expression which may result in restoration of corticosteroid function...
- Inhibition of PI3Kdelta restores glucocorticoid function in smoking-induced airway inflammation in miceJohn A Marwick
Airways Disease Section, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, Dovehouse Street, London SW3 6LY, UK
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 179:542-8. 2009..Recent studies have shown that histone deacetylase activity, which is critical to glucocorticoid function, is altered by oxidant stress and may be involved in the development of glucocorticoid insensitivity...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase isoforms as targets in respiratory diseaseJohn A Marwick
Section of Airways Disease, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, London, UK
Ther Adv Respir Dis 4:19-34. 2010....
- Cigarette Smoke Exposure Alters mSin3a and Mi-2alpha/beta Expression; implications in the control of pro-inflammatory gene transcription and glucocorticoid functionJohn A Marwick
Section of Airways Disease, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, UK
J Inflamm (Lond) 7:33. 2010..However, the impact of cigarette smoke exposure on the expression of mSin3a and Mi2alpha/beta and their role in glucocorticoid responsiveness is unknown...
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3β modulation of glucocorticoid responsiveness in COPDAnta Ngkelo
Airways Disease Section, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 309:L1112-23. 2015..In conclusion, we demonstrate for the first time that ROS-induced glucocorticoid unresponsiveness in COPD is mediated through GSK3β, acting as a ROS-sensitive hub. ..
- Cigarette smoke regulates VEGFR2-mediated survival signaling in rat lungsJohn A Marwick
National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, UK
J Inflamm (Lond) 7:11. 2010..However, the VEGFR2-mediated survival signaling in response to oxidants/cigarette smoke (CS) is not known. We hypothesized that CS exposure leads to disruption of VEGFR2-mediated endothelial survival signaling in rat lungs...