Genomes and Genes
Cristina Lo Celso
Affiliation: Imperial College
- In vivo imaging of transplanted hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in mouse calvarium bone marrowCristina Lo Celso
Center for Regenerative Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Protoc 6:1-14. 2011..In this paper, we describe how to isolate, label and inject HSPCs, as well as how to perform calvarium intravital microscopy and analyze the resulting images. A typical experiment can be performed and analyzed in ∼1 week...
- Dormancy in the stem cell nicheRoberta Sottocornola
Department of Life Sciences, Division of Cell and Molecular Biology, Imperial College London, Sir Alexander Fleming Building, South Kensington Campus, London, SW7 2AZ, UK
Stem Cell Res Ther 3:10. 2012..to multiple regenerating tissues or specific to the hematopoietic system? If cancer is maintained by a few cancer stem cells, do they also contain a subpopulation of dormant cells, and could this be exploited for therapeutic purposes?..
- Differential niche and Wnt requirements during acute myeloid leukemia progressionSteven W Lane
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital Boston and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 118:2849-56. 2011..These data identify differential engagement of HM associated with leukemic progression and identify an LSC niche that is physically distinct and independent of the constraints of Wnt signaling that apply to normal HSCs...
- In vivo imaging of hematopoietic stem cells and their microenvironmentCristina Lo Celso
Center for Regenerative Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, 185 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Biophotonics 2:619-31. 2009..We outline the current technical challenges that remain to be overcome before stem cells and their niche can be more fully characterized using the live imaging technology...
- Live-animal tracking of individual haematopoietic stem/progenitor cells in their nicheCristina Lo Celso
Center for Regenerative Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, 185 Cambridge Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Nature 457:92-6. 2009..Our analysis permits observing in real time, at a single cell level, processes that previously have been studied only by their long-term outcome at the organismal level...
- In vivo imaging of hematopoietic stem cells in the bone marrow nicheOliver Barrett
Division of Cell and Molecular Biology, Imperial College, London, UK
Methods Mol Biol 916:231-42. 2012....
- Guanine nucleotide exchange factor Vav1 regulates perivascular homing and bone marrow retention of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cellsAbel Sanchez-Aguilera
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital Boston and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:9607-12. 2011..These data suggest that Vav1 activity is required specifically for SDF1α-dependent perivascular homing of HSPC and suggest a critical role for this localization in retention and subsequent engraftment...
- Hematopoietic stem cell responsiveness to exogenous signals is limited by caspase-3Viktor Janzen
Center for Regenerative Medicine, Cancer Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cell Stem Cell 2:584-94. 2008..Caspase-3 contributes to stem cell quiescence, dampening specific signaling events and thereby cell responsiveness to microenvironmental stimuli...
- Crosstalk between NOTCH and AKT signaling during murine megakaryocyte lineage specificationMelanie G Cornejo
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 118:1264-73. 2011....
- Population dynamics of normal and leukaemia stem cells in the haematopoietic stem cell niche show distinct regimes where leukaemia will be controlledAdam L Maclean
Theoretical Systems Biology, Division of Molecular Biosciences, Imperial College London, Sir Ernst Chain Building, London SW7 2AZ, UK
J R Soc Interface 10:20120968. 2013..Our results suggest that maintaining a viable population of HSCs and their progenies in the niche may often already be nearly sufficient to eradicate LSCs from the system...
- The Apc(min) mouse has altered hematopoietic stem cell function and provides a model for MPD/MDSSteven W Lane
Department of Hematology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 115:3489-97. 2010....
- Analysis of the hematopoietic stem cell nicheCristina Lo Celso
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Curr Protoc Stem Cell Biol . 2007..In this unit we describe a collection of protocols spanning a wide range of techniques that can help every researcher tackling questions regarding the nature of the HSC niche...
- Wnt signaling in the niche enforces hematopoietic stem cell quiescence and is necessary to preserve self-renewal in vivoHeather E Fleming
Center for Regenerative Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cell Stem Cell 2:274-83. 2008..Wnt pathway activation in the niche is required to limit HSC proliferation and preserve the reconstituting function of endogenous hematopoietic stem cells...
- Haematopoietic stem cells depend on Galpha(s)-mediated signalling to engraft bone marrowGregor B Adams
Center for Regenerative Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Nature 459:103-7. 2009..Galpha(s) governs specific aspects of HSPC localization under physiological conditions in vivo and may be pharmacologically targeted to improve transplantation efficiency...
- In vivo imaging of Treg cells providing immune privilege to the haematopoietic stem-cell nicheJoji Fujisaki
Advanced Microscopy Program, Center for Systems Biology and Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Nature 474:216-9. 2011..In addition to processes supporting stem-cell function, the niche will provide a relative sanctuary from immune attack...
- Normal ovarian surface epithelial label-retaining cells exhibit stem/progenitor cell characteristicsPaul P Szotek
Pediatric Surgical Research Laboratories, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:12469-73. 2008..Together, these characteristics identify the label-retaining cell population as a candidate for the putative somatic stem/progenitor cells of the coelomic epithelium of the mouse ovary...
- Stem cells remember their gradeCristina Lo Celso
Center for Regenerative Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cell Stem Cell 1:132-4. 2007..In this issue of Cell Stem Cell, Dykstra et al. (2007) reveal stem cell gradation and the extent to which that gradation is retained in stem cell daughters of hematopoietic stem cells...